User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

Great. I was actually pleased with a couple of his cabinet appointments, personally.

I don't understand how any Dem can be unhappy with the Hillary decision, though.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    If people couldn't tell Obama was going to be a conservative president, that is their problem. Look at his personality. Nothing about the man is less than calculation and reserve.
    agreed. and that's exactly what i like about him. while he might have espoused some pretty liberal stuff while on the trail, ultimately he is as you said, very calculating and reserved. and smart enough to know that he has enough political weight to entertain differing points of view as opposed to pandering only to his liberal constituency.

and while he might not be as conservative as some people who frequent this subforum would like him to be, i think he'll be a lot moreso than what many raving liberals thought/hoped he'd be.

and that's a good thing.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I don't understand how any Dem can be unhappy with the Hillary decision, though.
    Obama's original base of support during the primaries was liberal ideologues who objected to the Clinton's and the DNC in general for their centrist (remember triangulation?) and machine politics-kind of like Republicans who try to blacklist the so-called RHINO's.

MBTI
    XNXP

He had even stated before that he might bring Republicans like Chuck Hagel into his cabinet. I was not surprised. I even pointed out in an older thread where he appointed Federalists when gaining the presidency of his Law school, disappointing many Leftists. Perhaps some of the people screaming "Communism - watch out!" are the ones who should take their feet out of their mouths.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I can't say I am suprised. Actually I would be suprised if it is the other way around.

Also I never understood why USA public has so much problems with "War on terror".
    Ok it is war for oil but that doesn't change the fact that US needs that oil to continue to function.

As I have said to some people "Don't be suprised if Obama after 3 months of presidency starts a full scale invasion of Iran".

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

My guess is that Obama will always have at least somewhat high favorability among liberals. Actually, I think his overall favorability rating has risen since after the election.

People further Left than him will no doubt have problems with him, but depending on how he does in the beginning of his term, will cut him slack.

ByMySword

Most politicians become more moderate as their campaign goes on or after they get elected.

I'm not too surprised.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I even pointed out in an older thread where he appointed Federalists when gaining the presidency of his Law school, disappointing many Leftists.
    He also voted against Roberts and Alito.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the relative centrism of his appointments and statements thus far, but there was plenty about his record to make people suspect (or hope for) a radical agenda.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You just knew this was going to happen sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Liberals are growing increasingly nervous and some just flat-out angry that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.
    The article is saying that he's... not a bought politician, not stuffing his cabinet full of his own people and not an ideologue.

Good news all around, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Takes time to reverse the 'us vs them' mentality, if it is at all possible.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So does this mean the conservatives are right about his horrendous liberalism destroying America?
    In a highly ironical sense, yes they are.

Gasp... might he be somewhat of a ... moderate?
    Well so much for that crock of shit about change.