User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Nancy Pelosi, yea or nay?

I hear her get a lot of criticism for the way she interacts with the rest of the Congress and with the government in general. I think some of this is due criticism, but also that some of the things said about are problems with the Congress in general. What do you think?

*Not about her policy stances, but about how she communicates and interacts with other politicians, how she "handles" party majority.

For what would you criticize her? For what would you praise her?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm rather conservative and don't agree with a lot of her stances so I'm biased and won't reply with my reasons.

But in response to your first paragraph, I've actually heard a lot of praise about her, and that she gets along well with congress, and is a great speaker. But I could be wrong.

Although economically... I don't think she is very sound.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I couldn't care less about how she communicates. She's a usurper, and the fact that she refused to allow domestic drilling even come up for a vote shows me that she's not interested in democracy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Horrible politics, and not the best organizational talent to lead her party. Popular amongst the base, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Popular amongst the base, though.
    Oh. That's not the impression I got.

Maybe I should have just asked U.S. "Democrats" specifically.

MBTI
    XNXP

I don't know much about her. If someone was challenging the left ( and I were in a mood to defend segments of it ) and they were to ask me "Kuranes, can you honestly tell me about anything that she's done, that you think accomplished a lot ?", I would have to honestly say "No." I supposed that she and others were waiting for the Presidential election to be over, and now for Barack to get rolling.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm on the center-left, and I think she's fine. Does she make for the best Speaker? No, but she's doing an acceptable job.

Also, she received a 93% for her voting record on civil liberties by the ACLU. But that doesn't mean much to conservative and Republicans.

MBTI
    XNXP

I based what I said on just what I encounter in the news by happenstance. I haven't exhaustively pored over archives of her voting records etc.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I guess I misjudged... I was just going by what I've heard. This thread is kind of a dud.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I couldn't care less about how she communicates. She's a usurper, and the fact that she refused to allow domestic drilling even come up for a vote shows me that she's not interested in democracy.
    This. Plus, I find her views so far politically to the left that I consider her to be a raging nut job. Her extreme views colour every action she takes.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird