User Tag List

View Poll Results: How would you feel in this kind of a environment?

25. You may not vote on this poll
  • White : I am Ok with this

13 52.00%
  • White : It would be kind a strange

8 32.00%
  • Non-white : I think I can handle it

3 12.00%
  • Non-white : That would be a waaayyy to awkward

1 4.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you feel in this kind of a environment?

All white or multi-race. Doesn't matter 2 me.

Since I don't prefer any race over another, a million people is just a million people. Since I am white, it would be easy to live with all whites. And at least I'd know that nobody I come in contact with hates me because of my race. Racial diversity can cause discrimination problems, but I like racial diversity. I don't need it, because there's millions of ways to be different than everybody else and to discriminate against people regardless of skin color, but I do think it's cool because it actually reflects reality and brings us together better on a global scale. We might have come from many different places, but we are all here right now.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would approximate the racial breakdown in the area I grew up as approximately 1/3 White, 1/3 Asian and 1/3 Latino/a. And I'm used to it, and being in a predominantly white environment would be uncomfortable for me. I don't know how long that discomfort would last.

But around here the racial makeup of the block has most to do more with what zip code/ side of the freeway you live on, so there are lots of little pockets with greatly varying racial makeups. (I live in suburban sprawl- streets, streets everywhere, no stop in sight.)

When I was a sophomore in high school, my best friend (who is European-American) moved 15 miles away and started going to a different high school. One that was predominantly white (70-85%?). It *was* weird for her, and I definitely noticed it when I came to visit.

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    135 so/sp

I just want ro say that here we are not talking about 80-90% white we are talking about 100% white. There is no non-white people in this case.

It would seem after a spell, slightly dull. Unobservant as I can be at times of my physical surroundings, it would take me a little time to place the homogeny, but eventually I would notice and mourn the repetition.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."