User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Read rest of article here

Why oh why is multiculturalism being raised above basic human rights? or am I to accept that basic human rights are not as important as the "Don't offend other cultures" concept?

For many of these women who fall under the umbrella of multiculturalist laws as displayed above, turning to the law of the land, which is usually completely different from the laws that they are supposed to live by, is their only option as their own laws do not protect their basic human rights, to not be abused and murdered.

How would I have felt had that been me when I suffered equally? Had that been my case thrown out of court, because I should have expected it via my own culture I would have felt deeply betrayed by those I thought would protect me as this woman must feel above.

The last I heard, Germany was a secular country, I am shocked to see that a man can get off, and a woman can be abused, in the name of religion, and to see a judge use religion to make a decision.
    This is what the Swedes call a culture crock. The immigrant husbands and fathers from the Middle East, Caucasus, Central Asia and Africa soon become quite desperate in the new country in the West. They are obliged to spy on their daughters and wives not to lose control.

In their own culture the family is altogether another concept. The family is a tribe lead by the eldest great uncle. The leader.

The leaders today face a great responsibility. They telephone regularly each emigrated male family member and ask difficult questions about their women.

It does not matter that the family members have emigrated.
    A family membership ceases only with death.

The local leaders in the new country are in no way independent. They are obliged to take orders from the old country. Their unpleasant task is to control the behaviour of the younger members. The guardianship entails a regular surveillance and repression over the female members of the family/tribe.

The daughters of these immigrant families may face danger in the new country. Hundreds have been killed as a warning to others. The arranged murder rarely takes place in the West. The daughters are told they are to be married in the old country. When they arrive in the old country they are killed in front of female witnesses. Then these female witnesses spread the rumour over the Atlantic Ocean. The purpose has been fulfilled.

This is why these husbands beat their wives and daughters. To save them from a worse destiny.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    Jane

Post Hello from Janek Makowski

I'd like to say hello to all people on this board.

Regards,
    Janek

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by JanekMakowski View Post
    I'd like to say hello to all people on this board.

Regards,
    Janek
    Hey!
    Are you from Poland?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Why oh why is multiculturalism being raised above basic human rights? or am I to accept that basic human rights are not as important as the "Don't offend other cultures" concept?
    Much of the left-wing has abandoned its principles of progressivism and support for the working class by throwing its weight behind various 'causes', often mutally exclusive - such as conservative muslims and the 'gay community'. The left, for the present, is a ridiculous shambles.

It is, alas, a result of Western societies contradictions. Multiculturalism is unviable to genuine Muslim minds. For they believe their faith is the truth, so why should such a trifle as Western sensibilities impede the enforcement of their 'truth'? Quite how multiculturalists think it is possible to reconcile the standpoints of various 'faiths' in a relativistic way, when these religions abominate Western relativism as decadent is unknown. It was, ultimately a liberal fantasy, that modern left-wingers have bought into. The problem is - it makes for easy and facile thinking.

Because of the Holocaust and the ambiguous concept of a 'Jew' - that is something straddled between religion and race - making genuine critcisms of a religion is now seen as somehow racist, or at best a supremacist attack on other cultures. Muslims demand a right not to have Mohammed insulted, I ask - why should anyone have the 'right' not to have a figure insulted. Why can I not just invent a religion called 'Hitlerism' and demand as a 'right' that no one insults my 'leader' Hitler? Why? Because it is arrantly irrational. I submit that Muslims have no right not to have Mohammed 'insulted' - rather if they do not want people insulting their prophet they should rationally convince people not to. Otherwise it will feel an artificial imposition. I don't see Mohammed as deserving any more respect than other religious or philosophical figures, till such time as I am persuaded otherwise I see no genuine rationale why I do not see why I should speak of him in any other manner.