First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well I'm sure the spectators will.
    Why only the spectators? Are you not going to be personally reading and prepping retorts? I am sure the wing will be. I know I will personally learn from it, but I worry about all the thesaurus abuse and long unparagraphed chuncks of windy verbage.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Yes this is true, but we are not arguing whether it is a good thing or not, we are arguing how religious institutions reconcile the obvious logical implications of viewing the laws of man equal to their divinely ordained laws.
    Who is this "we" you refer to. I've separated myself from them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Who is this "we" you refer to. I've separated myself from them.
    Lol, touche' salesman touche'

I guess I was having delusions of granduer and referring to myself in the third person
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The idea that we should separate of Church and state has a strong enough foundation in American society that I'm not really worried.

I don't want the Religious Right to have power and I disagree with how they vote. But with the election of Obama, this suggests their political power is dwindling or at least scattered and less organized.

I predict Obama will be a popular president, and that Republicans and conservatism is about to take a major back seat in the years and hopefully decades to come. Liberalism FTW.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The idea that we should separate of Church and state has a strong enough foundation in American society that I'm not really worried.

I don't want the Religious Right to have power and I disagree with how they vote. But with the election of Obama, this suggests their political power is dwindling or at least scattered and less organized.

I predict Obama will be a popular president, and that Republicans and conservatism is about to take a major back seat in the years and hopefully decades to come. Liberalism FTW.
    You honestly believe this?

MBTI
    INTP

You honestly believe this?
    What exactly do you disagree with?

You don't think Obama will be a popular president? We'll see soon enough...

Nowadays we have it backwards, the state's integrity needs protection from the Church.
    The modern doctrine of the Separation of the Church and State is to protect the denominations from each other.

It is not to protect the State from the denominations.

In short, the State is the protector, it does not need protection.

However those who wish to violate the Separation of Church and State, and use State power for their own religion do say that we have it backwards.

In fact we have it forward and we will defend the Separation of Church and State.

Islam is a political religion and has no doctrine of Separation of Mosque and State. And so in order to subvert us, they say we have it backwards.

What is mildly interesting is that a self-styled conservative Catholic seeks to undermine us as well.

In fact the Roman Catholic Church fully adherses to the doctrine of the Separation of Church and State and practises it.

And from my personal experience, I can say the Roman Catholic Church rigorously applies the doctrine of the Separation of Church and State in Australia.

This is a core doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church and the Australian Constitution.

Plainly this is a doctrine that stands in the way of Islamic political power.

Sniffles

What exactly do you disagree with?
    Practically everything you stated. It basically reminded me of Laura Ingraham's soundbite on O'Reilly Factor after the '04 election about how America is firmly conservative.

And somehow the Democrats are going to be immuned to fucking up as well?

You don't think Obama will be a popular president? We'll see soon enough...
    Yes we will. It'll be interesting when Charles Peguy's saying of how everything begins in mysticism and ends in politics inevitably plays out during Obama's term.

We'll also see how another one of Peguy's saying plays out in Obama's term:
    "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."

This will especially be true with Obama.

MBTI
    INTP

Practically everything you stated. It basically reminded me of Laura Ingraham's soundbite on O'Reilly Factor after the '04 election about how America is firmly conservative.

And somehow the Democrats are going to be immuned to doing the same thing? Please study your history.
    With Bush, we took a turn to the Right (kinda), and now with Obama, and the House, and Senate, we are taking a turn the Left. Will they fuck it up like Bush and the Republicans did.. is that possible?

Yes we will. It'll be interesting when Charles Peguy's saying of how everything begins in mysticism and ends in politics inevitably plays out during Obama's term.

We'll also see how another one of Peguy's saying plays out in Obama's term:
    "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive." "

This will especially be true with Obama.
    Let's make a bet than: A year into the term.. I bet Obama will have high favorability. His Honeymoon phase should have ended by then.

Sniffles

With Bush, we took a turn to the Right (kinda), and now with Obama, and the House, and Senate, we are taking a turn the Left. Will they fuck it up like Bush and the Republicans did.. is that possible?
    Why are you answering my question with another question?