First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sunset5678 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt because if I was ever in a situation where I could put my kid up for adoption the last thing I would want for that child would to have them be called demeaning names at school because the school I went to was so intested with bullying such as verbal things, cliques and gossip or exclusion that I would not want to set a kid up to be exposed to that and have them hate me for not being able to take care of them or something.
    Wow. So it's better for a child not to have a home, rather than have gay parents... because they might be picked on or teased?

If that's the case, I think we should also ban fathers who wear black socks and shorts, or parents who give their kids names that other kids can find some way to tease them about, or mothers that gush over their children's performances and also dye their hair inadequately, or parents who have minority religious beliefs or speak with accents, since children can pick on the kids as well.

Or maybe we'll just punish the "gay couple" rather than the bratty kids. It's probably easier, honestly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Yay! Another good day in the new administration.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofile View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the government should not legalize gay marriage. That said, I also think that the government shouldn't recognize straight marriage. If the government wants to grant tax breaks for couples, regardless of sexual orientation, then be my guest. Marriage is a religious institution and as such the government should have nothing to do with it.

I am of the same mindset. Civil union contracts for all, marriage for any of those who can receive one from a minister, priest, imam, rabbi, shaman, witch, or whatever.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Yay! Another good day in the new administration.
    I don't see what a Florida state judge has to do with a new administration, but OK.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't see what a Florida state judge has to do with a new administration, but OK.
    Didn't you know? The Messiah President has the power to go back in time to last year and mentally dominate the minds of Florida judges so that they carry out His will. Is it any wonder that we trust Him to control exponentionally increasing aspects of our lives? Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by sunset5678 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt because if I was ever in a
    situation where I could put my kid up for adoption
    the last thing I would want
    for that child would to have them be called demeaning names at school becau
    se the school I went to was so intested with bullying such as verbal things, cl
    iques and gossip or exclusion that I would not want to set a kid up to be expo
    sed to that and have them hate me for not being able to take care of them or
    something. Its not that I don't think gays are trustworthy with kids because
    there are some that have good morals and were brought up in good homes an
    d some actually do a pretty good job about being discreet and all that but its
    the other people I wouldn't trust to treat a kid right if I gave one up.
    If you were ever in a situation where you (any parent considering giving up their child for adoption) chose to put your child up, what became of them afterward is not up to you.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofile View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the government should not legalize gay marriage. That said, I also think that the government shouldn't recognize straight marriage. If the government wants to grant tax breaks for couples, regardless of sexual orientation, then be my guest. Marriage is a religious institution and as such the government should have nothing to do with it.
    I completely agree. Marriage is a religious thing and the government should stay out of it. They should grant the tax breaks etc for "Domestic Unions" or something.

Anyone that falls under that should be afforded the same rights and protections as any other union.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    If you were ever in a situation where you (any parent considering giving up their child for adoption) chose to put your child up, what became of them afterward is not up to you.
    Also, couldn't people like Sunset just give their child to some private orphanage/adoption agency with parental criteria that excludes homosexuals (though I vaguely remember hearing that certain New England states prohibit such practices, which is equally as wrong as preventing gays from adopting children through public institutions)?

Yay!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

A friend of mine has two other friends - a gay couple. They have been together for 25 years, bought a home together, made investments together etc.

2 weekends ago they heard a strange noise in the kitchen. While inspecting the 600 pound exhaust hanging over the island in the middle of the kitchen, it fell. One gentleman is able to jump back, but the other was not. He was killed instantly.

25 years.

Now, due to this state not recognizing same-sex unions, the surviving of the two has his hands tied. he cannot even sue the company that installed the range.

He can't even drive his S.O.'s car. Now comes the nightmare having to do with all the investments they made together - as the deceased's family has been in denial all these years about their relationship and refuse to recognize it.

Had they been "married" they would have automatically been given some protection.

This story made a hard-core republican friend of mine completely change her mind about gay-unions. She listens to Rush everyday for petes sake and she sat right there and admitted she has been wrong about this whole topic. She has now altered her view due to it.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant