User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Guess I'm on the anyone group.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    1. The 2nd amendment.
      This is the gun thing, right? Don't care. But if I had to choose, I'd be for abolishing it.
    2. Gay marriage
      Don't care.
    3. Abortion
      Don't care. But if asked to choose, I'd put approve.
    4. Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
      Don't care.
    5. Foreign policy
      One of the main priorities, in support of the policies of interconnectedness.
    6. The war on terror
      Stupid.
    7. The War in Iraq
      Stupid.
    8. Corporate tax cuts
      Fine as they are in my opinion.
    9. The financial market bailout
      Stupid.
    10. Middle class tax cuts
      Don't care.
    11. Social Security benefits
      Approve.
    12. Public health benifits like a two tier system or other ideas
      I have no idea what this is.
    13. Welfare Benefits
      Abolish it. I'm against futile, empty investment.
    14. Funding for higher education
      I give my full support. It's something I look at as a "for the greater good" subject.
    15. Funding for K-12 education
      I have no idea what K-12 is. I'm too lazy for full analysis of it at the moment, so I'll just give my opinion on what I found through google in 30seconds.

Home schooling, while it should have a lower priority standing, than official schooling systems. It should be funded.
    16. Programs for children like public pre-K and Head-Start.
      Unneeded. If anything at all, "head starts" and the like should be thought by their parents.
    17. Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . .
      Advocate of Nuclear Energy.
      2nd in line would go to Solar cell development, I'm not yet an advocate for using it as a primary source of power. It's still far too inefficient for that.
      3rd in line would go to combustion based based energy creation. I consider it to be inefficient and troublesome.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Where do you personally stand on the following? All the topics were left purposefully vague for you to feel comfortable on elaborating your own personal opinion with as much detail as you like, and whether you would apply it to yourself only or to others also.

1. The 2nd amendment.
    2. Gay marriage
    3. Abortion
    4. Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
    5. Foreign policy
    6. The war on terror
    7. The War in Iraq
    8. Corporate tax cuts
    9. The financial market bailout
    10. Middle class tax cuts
    11. Social Security benefits
    12. Public health benifits like a two tier system or other ideas
    13. Welfare Benefits
    14. Funding for higher education
    15. Funding for K-12 education
    16. Programs for children like public pre-K and Head-Start.
    17. Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . .
    18. Any other topic you would like to chime in about that better clarifies your own personal/political stance.
    1. Pro, strongly. We have too many laws at the moment.
    2. Civil unions.
    3. Pro-Choice.
    4. Freedom.
    5-16. Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.
    17. All.

MBTI
    ENFP

If the government takes away our guns who's gonna stop them from shooting us?

MBTI
    ISTP

The 2nd amendment.-I like my damn guns. Keep your hands off. I'm entirely for legal concealed weapons, removal of limitations on .50 caliber weapons, and such. I am for good background/mental health checks though.
    Gay marriage-Non-issue. They should be allowed to marry and have the same privileges/rights as straight couples.
    Abortion-Legal. Period.
    Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs-Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, anything else that doesn't have serious risk involved=legal. (Also, drinking age should be 19, and minors should be allowed to drink with parents present) Dangerous drugs=Make it a less serious crime. Spend more money on educating people of the dangers of all, and more money on rehab.
    Foreign policy-End Cuba embargo, stop fucking around quite as much in the affairs of other countries.
    The war on terror-Civil Liberties/constitution is most important.
    The War in Iraq-Leave as soon as possible. (When the iraqis say we can might be a good time..), do not keep bases there.
    Corporate tax cuts-No.
    The financial market bailout-Less than they're doing.
    Middle class tax cuts-Maybe, but lets cut some budgets first and get the deficit under control.
    Social Security benefits-Raise the age a bit.
    Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . .-A big investment and emphasis on research and implementation of renewable energy. (Such as: Solar, Wind, Geothermal, Algae-based gasoline) Nuclear plants are fine, as little coal as possible, and tighten up the emissions regulations on them.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

1. The 2nd amendment.- I believe in there being armed people who may not like the government. I would not want to join these groups, nor do I want to own guns. But I am glad they exist, and believe they need some protection under the law.

2. Gay marriage- No issues with this what so ever. If they want to get married, so be it.

3. Abortion- I don't like labeling myself on either side. But to be plain, aborting a child when 8-months pregnant is illegal and should be--it is essentially murder. Trying to save zygotes on the other had seems ridiculous. Some where is the 1st trimester seems like a good way to error on the "safe side."

4. Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs- Self harm is not something I would like for myself nor my family or friends. But as a legal issue, if they want to hurt themselves, it shouldn't be a crime.

5. Foreign policy- Diplomacy first. Also, constructive means of counter-insurgency are must in modern warfare.

6. The war on terror- Euphemism. I don't like terrorism, but I like my liberties, and I want others liberties protected.

7. The War in Iraq- False pretenses, more resources than we thought, and with little cooperation from other nations.

8. Corporate tax cuts- I like the idea of tax-cuts, but on these things, I'm a pragmatist. I generally think we should make policies that help everyone, and the economy is not always intuitive in how it functions.

9. The financial market bailout- I think based on what happened in Japan, we needed to do something soon. I have no idea what we ended up doing, nor do I know how or why we did it. It would be great if someone from the TARP gave a series of Ross Perot like infomercials on a regular basis.

10. Middle class tax cuts- I like the idea of tax-cuts, but on these things, I'm a pragmatist. I generally think we should make policies that help everyone, and the economy is not always intuitive in how it functions.

11. Social Security benefits- I am rather suspicious that I am paying a lot into this and won't see much (or any) of it when I retire. Again, I just want to see good results. I don't care about any particular ideology.

12. Public health benifits like a two tier system or other ideas- Again, I just want to see something that works well. I like the idea of pushing towards more preventative care.

13. Welfare Benefits- Once again, I am a pragmatist. Whatever works best.

14. Funding for higher education- I believe education is vitally important to the success of a society. Blind funding is not a good idea. I would like more of the funding reach teacher's salaries directly, or teacher education programs.

15. Funding for K-12 education- Even more important than higher education, and even more important that funding reaches teachers.

16. Programs for children like public pre-K and Head-Start.- I don't know much about these. If they are effective in making children better prepared to learn, then I support them.

17. Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . .- I believe the energy crisis is a huge challenge. There won't be an easy answer. I think it will take a combination of solar, wind, 4rth-gen nuclear, clean-coal, improving the power-grid, and more efficient vehicles--kind of in reverse order of importance.

18. Any other topic you would like to chime in about that better clarifies your own personal/political stance.- I generally want competent people in government without strong ideological biases.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

1. The 2nd amendment - Let people arm themselves. Keep gun/weapon sales regulated to a degree, require people to get gun licenses.
    2. Gay marriage - Support.
    3. Abortion - Pro-choice.
    4. Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs - Legalize soft drugs. Keep harder drugs like heroin and crystal meth illegal, but lower penalties for users. No one should get locked up just for getting high.
    5. Foreign policy - Promote diplomacy, stay out of nation building, if something poses an actual threat, I support going on the offensive militarily. Typical Democrat/liberal foreign policy.
    6. The war on terror - I hate the phrase, and over-simplification. Misleading.
    7. The War in Iraq - Extremely unnecessary and poorly carried out war. I support a 6-month pullout, but I'm not opposed to Obama's plan/view on Iraq, a big step in the right direction.
    8. Corporate tax cuts - Against.
    9. The financial market bailout - Support.
    10. Middle class tax cuts - Support.
    11. Social Security benefits - Support. It must be preserved.
    12. Public health benifits like a two tier system or other ideas - Support.
    13. Welfare Benefits - Increase workfare and maintain welfare.
    14. Funding for higher education - Support.
    15. Funding for K-12 education - Support.
    16. Programs for children like public pre-K and Head-Start. - Support.
    17. Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . . - I support public funds used for alternative energy innovation and expansion. Drilling is no solution, and would hardly even make a dent in providing our nation's energy needs. Allow nuclear energy, but it must meet standards.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The 2nd amendment. I feel for the assault rifle arguments.. although they are DAMN fun to shoot. Oh well!
    Gay marriage Such a tired argument. I already stated my concerns for the agendas of those who would use sexual preference as the recognizable way of legal marriage decisions. I personally think marriage should be available to all human adults and accessible to all human adults. I also think if we leave the decisions up to the states, and the state is overrun with goat-lovers, and votes that coincidentally we should allow humans to marry goats.. I suppose in the end, legal marriage should be recognized as one human adult to another human adult. Nothing more, and certainly nothing less.
    Abortion Pro-choice. There is no such thing as "I disagree with abortion". Either you think it should exist, or you do not. Even if you don't agree with it, being pro-choice means you're acknowledging abortion will happen regardless of it's legality, and the few necessary "extreme" cases are worth the safety and comfort and privacy of hospital regulations and worth weathering all the dumbass people that make dumbass decisions.
    Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs Alcohol is fine as it is. Tobacco is fine as it is. Other drugs? Decriminalize maybe.. not legalize. Who would have fun with legal marijuana anyways?
    Foreign policy
    The war on terror
    The War in Iraq
    I shall not get into this, because honestly I am not in a position to make an intelligent answer. I've been striving for one.. I still haven't gotten down the road enough to make a decision I'm satisfied with.
    The financial market bailout The downside to capitalism is when it's good it's good, but when it's not.. It's simply not. There's no saving it, only the wasted efforts in attempting. At least, that's what I've come to believe.
    Middle class tax cuts If they give it to me, I'll rock the Kazbaa that night. Not having it doesn't make me wither away.
    Social Security benefits If social security worked, I wouldn't have retirement anxiety at 21.
    Welfare Benefits I've said before.. they should be as hard to get as a building permit. I don't know EXACTLY how to fix it.. but I do know people are robbing money from people who might need it. And we're allowing it.
    Funding for higher education
    Funding for K-12 education
    Programs for children like public pre-K and Head-Start.
    My entire support. I love education, and I love making it available and beefing it up.
    Energy, from solar cells, drill baby drill, to nuclear plants, etc . . . Oil won't last forever.. It's not an absolute crisis.. but if the aztecs are wrong and the world doesn't collapse in 2014, mayhap a few generations down the road will benefit from our proactive efforts.
    Any other topic you would like to chime in about that better clarifies your own personal/political stance. Being the idealist I am, I proclaim that I'd love to see the day where we force the homeless people to work for their meals.

I heard of a program in.. NYC was it?? 75% fail rate. They want food? They walk in, have to wash thier hands, prep it, cook it, clean the dishes after. They want shelter? They make their own food, and do chores for the place for a bed. They want their OWN place? More chores, time put into it will give them more privilages, like clothing allowance and having a TV. Eventually, they tell them if they want to stay, they must start volunteering, working at non-profit organizations while maintaining their jobs at the shelter.. Then, if they want stay, they do a work profile, set them up with the employment offices, and find them a job.. Wherein they will start paying rent to remain at their place, or move out to get their own place.

.. I think if we have shelters.. they should work like that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    If the government takes away our guns who's gonna stop them from shooting us?
    Why do you assume whatever weapons the citizens can bear would have any effect on the military forces? The citizens do not have fighter jets, rockets, or remote controlled drones (supposedly the real force behind the working surge). Assault rifles would not even be useful.

This is where individual state militias would have a hope of a chance to fight against tyranny, not a bunch of citizens with guns. Shoot yourselves all you want, but a supersoaker is going to be as effective as a 6 shooter against a tank.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Why do you assume whatever weapons the citizens can bear would have any effect on the military forces? The citizens do not have fighter jets, rockets, or remote controlled drones (supposedly the real force behind the working surge). Assault rifles would not even be useful.
    I've built small R/C drones with a video camera in it for the hell of it before, not hard, and if I had more than $100 to spend, I'm sure I could come up with something pretty comparable to it. Put a low power computer in it, and add a broadband card, and you've got camera control. Not sure off the top of my head what I'd use for long-distance plane control, but it'd be possible.

This is where individual state militias would have a hope of a chance to fight against tyranny, not a bunch of citizens with guns. Shoot yourselves all you want, but a supersoaker is going to be as effective as a 6 shooter against a tank.
    Yes, and no. No weapons gives you very little chance. If you were to use guns intelligently, you could use them to get more weapons...etc.

Also, as Iraq, and many other places have shown, give a bunch of pissed off people guns, and they will be quite successful at destroying/attacking things and procuring the means to destroy/attack more things.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ENTP

A few resourceful people could build their own drones, but i bet the military already has the capability to track them and defend itself against them.

The difference with iraq is that there already was an army in place which had more substantial weaponry in circulation than the us population. Additional arms were brought in from other countries. I dont think mexico and canada will have the ability to supply anything.

The us is also huge. The military has the capability to very easily to block long distance communications while conducting its own. A modern american civil war would be disastrous. what would be the goal, take over washington? What would that accomplish?