User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Mumbai

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

It really upsets me that you guys love to lump people together into a certain group. It is really upsetting to say that I would secretly enjoy the death of anyone which seems to be implied from some of the posts.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Gee, you think? I must say I'm very shocked at hearing that and I absolutely can't find a reason as to why they could hate the Semites.
    Semite hating has been a long long tradition, and only worsened by semi recent political activity.

FFS it's laced throughout the religious texts that the jews are the enemy, the last day won't even come until the trees help you find and kill jews.

So when people try to suggest it's only because of the Palestine/Israel situation (which it sems you are suggesting) then I would suggest they research Islam.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    It really upsets me that you guys love to lump people together into a certain group. It is really upsetting to say that I would secretly enjoy the death of anyone which seems to be implied from some of the posts.
    Your stance is not practical. If extremist views really were a negligible minority, you might have a point. But they're not. Policy has to be based on probable scenarios, not wishful thinking.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your stance is not practical. If extremist views really were a negligible minority, you might have a point. But they're not. Policy has to be based on probably scenarios, not wishful thinking.
    Your idea is stupid. If a majority of the 1.5 billion Muslims or even 10% or less of that were extremists or shared extremist views, Than the problems you are seeing right now would be a joke.

Imagine 150 million people pushing for evil, I guess it would be something like invading Iraq, when 50% of the U.S. decided they were a threat to us.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Your idea is stupid. If a majority of the 1.5 billion Muslims or even 10% or less of that were extremists or shared extremist views, Than the problems you are seeing right now would be a joke.

Imagine 150 million people pushing for evil, I guess it would be something like invading Iraq, when 50% of the U.S. decided they were a threat to us.
    As a matter of fact, according to polls, a LOT more than 10% of the current Muslim population on Earth share these "extremist" views. But another fact is the Muslim states usually are among the poorest, the most illiterate, ignorant and most under-developed on Earth. And the rich ones are blessed with gigantic inequalities between the ruling class and everyone else.

So I'd say so far, what we saw is only a powerless anger aimed at us. But the anger is real. Jealousy, frustration, resentment are very powerful emotions for the masses... And things could only get worst so far, since I do not see any hope of change (with the only exception of Iran, where there's a real, interesting intellectual opposition against their current regime, if ever the population had the opportunity to overthrow Ahmadinejad and Khamenei). The next step after the 9/11 is nuclear terrorism. And I fear we shall see it happen during our current lifetime.

You should never ever underestimate the real weight and influence of Ideologies. That was the harsh lesson of the XXth century, if you want (also check Hannah Arendt's books).

But change can arise only through education... and women. Yes, women. As usual, they are the clue to everything!

So we shall see. In fact, I wasn't right: there's hope, but it's kinda tenuous, weak. And nobody can predict the future, especially me.
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 12-14-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

As I stated elsewhere, the invasion of Iraq was reckless and irresponsible (and in terms of the occupation phase, incompetent), but not evil. Also, the Hussein regime WAS a threat, just not a large enough threat to justify a risky and expensive invasion/occupation with little international support. Finally, a lot more than 150 million Muslims believe that the world should be subjugated under goddamn Shariah law (the majority of those simply think getting there through political violence is either impractical or unIslamic-the proposed means differ, but the ends remain the same).

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

article published September 27, 2002 : Arundhati Roy: A war too far | World news | The Guardian

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    article published September 27, 2002 : Arundhati Roy: A war too far | World news | The Guardian
    Oh, for fuckssake...

No, the Iraq war was not a capitalist plot, yes, the Afghanistan war was justified, and the Soviet Union WAS intrinsically evil, not a failed but noble experiment. Ms. Roy is a pathetic, anti-American (Oh noes, I've been brainwashed by "The Establishment"!) tool of her radical left-wing ideology. :rolli:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

What he said was:
    Soviet-style communism failed, not because it was intrinsically evil but because it was flawed. It allowed too few people to usurp too much power: 21st-century market-capitalism, American-style, will fail for the same reasons.

Sounds right to me.
    Why are they intrinsically evil? Simply because they're not us?
    Then we say that the problem with communism was communism, but the problem with capitalism was capitalists. That seemed to be a way of saying "our problems were because we're 'just humans', or something. Well, of the people who make up the system were the problem, that says a lot about the system.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas