User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Mumbai

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Lol guys, I understand the idea behind seperation of Church and State. I was just pointing out that it signifies a logical paradox.
    True.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Victor:
    G-Virus:

This is Islamist propaganda which we hear over and over again. It is repeated over and over to put our minds to sleep so that we won't think.

I'm not the one spewing hate here, your the one going around saying Muslims are out to get us. Saying Islam is a religion of terror is like saying Catholicism is a religion of gay pedophillia.

Islam will be able to join the civilized world when it adopts the doctrine of the separation of Mosque and State.

I already told you my opinion on how this is illogical for a religious institution. On the other hand, if it makes you feel better, not one nation on Earth uses Islam as its constituiton (Nice try, but the Saudis are no where near Islamic.) Above all, Islam teaches its followers to follow the laws of the land they reside in unless it forces them into a direct violation of their beliefs. I don't know of any laws in the western world that force me to violate my beliefs, so I am a happy and proud American.

And Islam will be able to join the civilized world when it teaches that Jihad and Martyrdom are organised criminality in the modern world.

Again, Islam does not teach terrorism.

And Islam will be able to enter the civilized world when it stops teaching its children to hate Jews and other infidels.

I don't hate you, neither do all my friends, and neither do my parents. Islam does not teach us to hate a sinner, only a sin. The reasons you see people in the Muslim world hating the Jews or the West, is political not religious. Your local library may help you in learning more about why the Middle East is the way it is now. It will let you learn about Western colonization, the Sykes-Picot agreement, the Balfour decleration, and many other issues that created the current mood towards us in the region. I highly recommend this option and the good news is it is free.

Otherwise it will remain an imperial religion that practises organised criminality - as we have just seen in Mumbai.

Again, your linking Islam to terrorists is like my linking Catholics to child molesters.

But none of this will take place until the Koran is subject to scholarly critique. But at the moment should an Islamic scholar critique the Koran, they would be put to death for blasphemy.

It has been and still is. Killing another soul because of legitimate criticism is unfounded and barbaric, the Quran does not teach this.

Imperial Islam is on the rise so we can expect can expect more organised criminal attacks such as Mumbai. As I write Australians are fighting Russian Islamic criminals in Afganistan. And as I write Australian Islamic criminals are before our Criminal Courts. But they show no remorse, so we must prepare ourselves for further and far reaching criminal attacks. God help us.

Thank you for rallying the troops.

Congratulations, by engaging in this anti-Islamic Crusade of yours, you have become just like the hate mongers you so vehemently oppose
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

@Victor, do you believe in any specific relgion? Just curious.
    Islamists usually get round to this - they ask me, "Are you Jewish?", or if they are being clever, they ask, "Do you believe any specific religion?".

And it is this question that has the smell of 1930's Germany.

And this is just the question they asked in Mumbai the other day, "Are you Jewish?".

MBTI
    XNXP

People have said "Why don't moderate Muslims speak out more against the radicals ? " Well, maybe they do, more often then people realize, but it is not considered as piquant as other news, and gets buried in some back pages human interest marginality.

On the other hand, I think a lot of moderate Muslims are trusting that most people will realize that they have nothing to do with any of this. They also feel that they shouldn't have to "apologize" for these extremists. Technically they are right, of course; but if I were able to whisper in the ear of someone very influential amongst the Muslims, I would urge them to do this anyway, even if it means taking out a full page ad in a well known newspaper.

Never underestimate the ignorance of some people - I was surprised at what was being leveled at a guy like Obama. You can imagine what they'll do with a real Muslim. Or even people like Sikhs that just wear turbans.

If there's another big attack on the USA, I think you'll see some vigilantism beginning. And the shame of it is that it will probably be some innocent families that get hurt by it.
    Last edited by kuranes; 12-02-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Islamists usually get round to this - they ask me, "Are you Jewish?", or if they are being clever, they ask, "Do you believe any specific religion?".

And it is this question that has the smell of 1930's Germany.

And this is just the question they asked in Mumbai the other day, "Are you Jewish?".
    What are you implying?

Are you implying that I support terrorists or follow their ideaologies? I am going to go against my better judgement and respond to you instead of putting you on my ignore list like I should. I have no connection with them, be it physical or idealogical. That is the end all be all on that.

I was merely asking you if you had a religion, to see how those beliefs fit in with your ideas on the seperation of Church and State, not to see if you were Jewish or some other specific religion to hate on you. You seriously have some kind of wierd islamophobic ideas and need to do something about this. I really suggest you get something done about this blatant and unjustified paranoia, you just popped anti-semitism into a disscussion you were having with me, when none of it was ever implied, probably just because I am Muslim.

The method presented in the picture above does not work on me so you can give up on that tactic.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    People have said "Why don't moderate Muslims speak out more against the radicals ? "
    Moderate muslims don't speak out for two reasons.

The first is that the Islamists will kill them.

And the second is to wait and see who will win - civilization or barbarity?

What are you implying?

Are you implying that I support terrorists or follow their ideaologies? I am going to go against my better judgement and respond to you instead of putting you on my ignore list like I should. I have no connection with them, be it physical or idealogical. That is the end all be all on that.

I was merely asking you if you had a religion, to see how those beliefs fit in with your ideas on the seperation of Church and State, not to see if you were Jewish or some other specific religion to hate on you. You seriously have some kind of wierd islamophobic ideas and need to do something about this. I really suggest you get something done about this blatant and unjustified paranoia, you just popped anti-semitism into a disscussion you were having with me, when none of it was ever implied, probably just because I am Muslim.

The method presented in the picture above does not work on me so you can give up on that tactic.
    The more excited you get, the calmer we get.

MBTI
    XNXP

Moderate muslims don't speak out for two reasons.

The first is that the Islamists will kill them.

And the second is to wait and see who will win - civilization or barbarity?
    I'm sure there's some truth to that, but I think it is much more plausible in some areas/countries than in others. Especially if the "speaking out" is done as a "group voice" thing versus some guy going on an intense one-man "crusade".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

The more excited you get, the calmer we get.
    Below signifies the number of times Victor has failed to respond to my posts with a reasonable answer. It also signifies how close he is to being the first member of my new ignore list.

<x> <x> <_>

Three Strikes

@Kuranes, I don't know anyone that is afraid to speak out because s/he is afraid of being killed. All of us speak out in the ways we can, but Muslims aren't really a powerful entitiy in the west that can be heard easily. I talk about it whenever I need to, but I can't live my life apologizing for things that have nothing to do with me all day. Plus, it would make me look wierd and be less of the rockin cool dude that I am

Lol the below signifies the number of times Victor has failed to respond to my posts with a reasonable answer. It also signifies how close he is to being the first member of my new ignore list.

<x> <x> <_>

Three Strikes
    It's true, G-Virus, you have caught me at my weakest point.

After all, we live in the attention economy. And you are my boss - you pay me in attention.

For God's sake don't sack me - don't cut me off - don't leave me without attention.

The worst thing you could do is ignore me.

Keep your finger - keep your finger - off the kill button.