First 123412 Last

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hm, actually I was in a Suicide-Workshop once (basically a Workshop to learn how to deal with suicidal People) and they said that whoever REALLY wants to kill him- / herself doesn't really announce it. They just do it. I would believe this is very true from what I have experienced. Because I think suicidal People don't want Others to stop them. Kinda the same goes for this Internet-Kid. He did do it online, but I think he knew exactly No1 is gonna stop him anyways.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    1500 people murdered a kid online...
    No, that's just your F function talking...

I feel sorry the kid died, but alas, it wasn't everyone on the internet's fault.

MBTI
    INFJ

This is about a much larger problem. It's not only about the end of one unfortunate bipolar's life. It's about the end humanity for those 1500 assholes who sat and watched it happen and did nothing and felt nothing and cavalierly went about their lives like nothing happened. It's what I see everyday in people and it makes me sick. We live in an increasingly feelingless world where most people think it's cool to act like numbed-out automatons to the determent of other people and themselves. It was so cool to type out cute little LOLs in response to his threats of suicide. They took pleasure in goading him into his own destruction. I just don't understand the impulse to stomp on someone who is in a great deal of pain.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Kind of morbid thing to do, but so is watching the news, when you think about it. People die every day, now you can watch it live online instead of having to wait to hear about it at 6 or 11 pm.

People have always watched each other die publically, the question is just in how it's done.

Am I saying it's nice? No

But is it human? Yes

Maybe you need to rethink humanity a little bit- human and humane aren't necissarily synonymous despite the similarities
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp

Biggs announced his plans to kill himself over a Web site for bodybuilders, authorities said. But some users told investigators they did not take him seriously because he had threatened suicide on the site before.
    what the hell?

why would u kill yourself over a website for bodybuilders?

anyone know??

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't think the people online killed him.

We're only seeing one part of the story here, the guy might have had a life offline.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    This is about a much larger problem. It's not only about the end of one unfortunate bipolar's life. It's about the end humanity for those 1500 assholes who sat and watched it happen and did nothing and felt nothing and cavalierly went about their lives like nothing happened. It's what I see everyday in people and it makes me sick. We live in an increasingly feelingless world where most people think it's cool to act like numbed-out automatons to the determent of other people and themselves. It was so cool to type out cute little LOLs in response to his threats of suicide. They took pleasure in goading him into his own destruction. I just don't understand the impulse to stomp on someone who is in a great deal of pain.
    Uhh, much worse things have been done in the past by groups of "civilized" people. This isn't the end of humanity. It's par for the course.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The kid was such a pussy. He could have increased the entertainment value by sticking a .44 Magnum onto his chin and making a fountain out of his skull rather than boring ol' sleeping pills, not to mention fewer people would suspect it was a hoax.

I imagined the kid would have wanted it to be far more imprinted into the mind of his viewers.

And I'm surprised this is the first time this has happened.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm not against suicide, more people should definitely do it. More oxygen for the rest of us.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The kid was such a pussy. He could have increased the entertainment value by sticking a .44 Magnum onto his chin and making a fountain out of his skull rather than boring ol' sleeping pills, not to mention fewer people would suspect it was a hoax.

I imagined the kid would have wanted it to be far more imprinted into the mind of his viewers.

And I'm surprised this is the first time this has happened.
    Holy fucking shit . . .
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."