User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 46

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Effective at what, exactly? There's no way it makes him look good to most people. All of his (obvious) nonsense about non-partisanship went straight out the fucking window when he hired Clinton.
    Or when he hired Rahm Emanuel...

  2. #12
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Yes I'm aware of Obama's skills at sophistry. For once I would actually like to hear a real answer from him.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Whatever. The people don't factor into it - he just gained political capital, the currency which will get his things done.
    That doesn't mean anything. Way to be.

    He has only demonstrated to more people than he had previously that he's forcefully untruthful.

    His aim here was not to please anyone. He's already pleased the far left as much as is humanly possible. His goals now are to do exactly what I predicted, which is to shift the intent of the US government toward federal control, and socialism.

  4. #14
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That's a bit of a false argument. The change is in if he has a new policy, not in who carries it out.
    Actually the people involved have a great deal to do it.

    Need we forget that many Neo-Conservatives were placed in influential spots in the Bush administration; and major theme of Neo-Con thinking was a more aggressive foreign policy in regards to promoting American hegemony and spreading democracy. I'm sure I don't have to tell you the rest of the story.

    The fact that Obama has little experience means he's going to be more heavily reliant on his advisors for help.

    It's an effective political choice.
    Are you serious?

  5. #15
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    These conversations always go in the same direction.
    There's no actual exchange of ideas.

    Current events are just used as focal points to express preexisting cynicism.

    At least at the local bar, you can buy drinks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    These conversations always go in the same direction.
    There's no actual exchange of ideas.

    Current events are just used as focal points to express preexisting cynicism.

    At least at the local bar, you can buy drinks.
    At least you're adding a meaningful perspective. Oh, wait.

  7. #17
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    His aim here was not to please anyone. He's already pleased the far left as much as is humanly possible. His goals now are to do exactly what I predicted, which is to shift the intent of the US government toward federal control, and socialism.
    Exactly. A wise political choice. Glad you understand now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Actually the people involved have a great deal to do it.

    Need we forget that many Neo-Conservatives were placed in influential spots in the Bush administration; and major theme of Neo-Con thinking was a more aggressive foreign policy in regards to promoting American hegemony and spreading democracy. I'm sure I don't have to tell you the rest of the story.
    Under a banner of shared policy. Shocking that, I know. And I think you just compared someone hiring everyone who agrees with exactly what he wants to someone who might be hiring dissenting opinion.

    Are you serious?
    I see the bias runs strong on this topic. Yes, I am completely serious. He made a wise political choice.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Exactly. A wise political choice. Glad you understand now.
    That's debatable. I see it as too idealistic. It'll severely alienate some, more than they already are, and do damage to any Republican support the fellow has in the legislative dept.

  9. #19
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Under a banner of shared policy. Shocking that, I know. And I think you just compared someone hiring everyone who agrees with exactly what he wants to someone who might be hiring dissenting opinion.
    This is anything but a "team of rivals" as he tries to protray it.


    I see the bias runs strong on this topic. Yes, I am completely serious. He made a wise political choice.
    How the fuck is having Hiliary Clinton as Sec. of State a wise political choice?

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post


    How the fuck is having Hiliary Clinton as Sec. of State a wise political choice?
    I'd say because she's far more qualified for both president and secretary of state than Obama is, and more experienced.... despite the long long history of corruption from the Clinton's, their own far left politics, the lies, and the ingrowth with the political establishment/elite.

    Hilary is like a bad odor. You just cant get rid of it no matter what you do. Or one of those typical cartoon villains who always ALWAYS comes back no matter how many times they're defeated. Rest assured, I'm sure there will be many instances of her undermining Obama. I REALLY didn't want to see them together, for that reason. This is almost as bad as having her as V.P.

    I mean, at least we don't have someone who's stupid in that position. She's quite intelligent. It is what she is going to do with her intelligence and power that greatly troubles me.

Similar Threads

  1. Who is your favorite Secretary of State?
    By BWCB1890 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 04:04 PM
  2. List of #1 Singles in the UK 90's - Hilarious
    By nomadic in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 04:35 AM
  3. U.S.E (United states of Europe)
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 01:14 PM
  4. A World beyond Politics? A Defense of the Nation-State
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
  5. Take a drink and you'll sink to a state of pure inebriation.
    By Firelie in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO