User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Help A Science Student Writing A History Paper for her Condensed Summer Class!

HHEEYYY!!

So who here has some insight into post-WWII USA Foreign Policy on South Africa?

I'm taking a summer school course; it's very intense in that we're covering a lot of material in a very short period of time. I know next to nothing about history, and have a short period of time to research before my paper is due.

Can anyone throw some concepts or big-picture understanding out there?

Paper Topic: Write about how the USA's true intentions for South Africa wasn't the "officially declared" intentions. (As in, we now know that the Cold War happened not because Russia was going to take over the world, but it was in America's best economic interests. Now how does this relate to USA and South Africa?)

I don't even know how US foreign policy was to South Africa.... that's how lost I am. I need to research this, but my paper is due very soon b/c of the condensed course and some conceptual understanding of the topic will make things ten billion times easier!

Thanks for ANY IDEAS/THOUGHTS/FACTS!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    type

Here's something. See if that sparks anything.

I don't know about South Africa and the US. Most of what I know is UK policy, and that mainly from talking to people from those areas.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Was the topic written by a professor? A teacher's assistant? I can grant validity to the argument in a debate, but as a statement intended for research it's awfully tendentious.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, written by my history prof. (Paraphrased by me, but that's the topic.) He's of some European descent, teaching in Canada currently. I don't think he likes America very much.

THanks for the link, btw.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't think he likes America very much.
    Meh. Nothing new there. Next.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.