User Tag List

123 Last

Question How would you feel if your child one day dies for his/her country?

How would you feel if your child one day dies for his/her country?

Would you be sad or sad but proud?
    Would you cry for 3 months all the time?
    Would you hurt yourself bacause you think that this is a consequence of a bad upbringing?
    Would you blame government or army for this?

Would you do something else then mentioned above and why would you do it?

I think that everybody should take their time before they reply.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'd be overjoyed and start pumping out more little ones to follow in example of the birthright.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I'd be overjoyed and start pumping out more little ones to follow in example of the birthright.
    Beat me to it.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How would you feel if your child one day dies for his/her country?
    Altho I would teach my Kids to fight for that they believe, I would not like it if they fought in a War for the Country. I do believe there are other Ways. So I guess I would be sad and really enraged at the same Time. And probably I WOULD blame Gov and Army, but mostly myself, since I thought them or better yet DIDN'T teach them right.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

This really depends on how said child died... I'd not be proud if my future son died fighting for Sweden, though... It's a crap country, and besides I doubt we'll ever participate in anything else than peacekeeping/various special forces actions against taliban forces.

The thought of scottish independence is pretty far off... It won't happen anytime soon. Things would have to really, really deteriorate. But if there were to be a new war of independence, I would fight and contribute in any way that I could. So would my brother and father. If I had a kid, I would expect him to fight, too. At least if he was an adult.
    If any relative of mine, son or not, died fighting bravely against oppression, I would be proud. Sad as hell, but proud.

I will take preventive measures against this shit, though All guys in my family are taught how to shoot well and take care of themselves in the "wild". If I ever have a son I hope he's into guns, because he's going to learn how to use them.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ESTJ

I would definitely be upset and angry. War is so dumb and my kid dying is one of many wasted lives. So, yeah I am usually pretty docile about this subject but if one of my kids die i would definitely start protesting war..

I guess this whole comment is based on the assumption that you meant dying in a war.

MBTI
    INTJ

Losing a child from ANYTHING is highly upsetting. You have no idea how people will react until it happens. How are people supposed to empathize with this feeling????

All in all, what people say and do is completely different when it comes to children. I would bet most will go through an angry stage though; however if the child was truly doing what he wanted, and died in the line of duty, I would personally "try" to honor his memory of doing what he believed and be proud of that. However, like I said, I have no idea how I would truly act because of the extreme emotions involved.

I guess this whole comment is based on the assumption that you meant dying in a war.
    Your assumption is correct.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think I would get zero solace out of the fact that they "died for their country".

MBTI
    ESFJ

Unless there were something like a nuclear attack or land invasion of the United States of America, I'd probably mourn the inconsequential loss of an important American life.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"