User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Massachusetts, WTF!?

Massachusetts... Massachusetts... Do you live under a freaking rock at the bottom of the Ocean? Because why the *expletive* else would you reelect Barney Frank?! GOD.

*And my bad, thanks for the move :P .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Moved from Relationships to Politics, History, and Current Events.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Massachusetts... Massachusetts... Do you live under a freaking rock at the bottom of the Ocean? Because why the *expletive* else would you reelect Barney Frank?! GOD.
    Looking up a little bit on him....I don't see anything bad, except maybe lobbyist donations to him, but that isn't exactly shocking.

Also, he's a democrat in massachusetts. He could say he likes burning flags and doing cocaine in his spare time, and he'd still get reelected. Sort of like being a republican in Utah.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESFJ

Here he is about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac:

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)

Barney Frank is not great on taxes, trade policy, et al. He is one of the few people in Congress genuinely concerned about civil liberties, though. He actually voted AGAINST the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act, which was passed because of Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church's disgusting anti-gay protests of soldiers' funerals. Even though that group is ridiculously homophobic, he recognized their right to free speech. I respect the principles there.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Also, he's a democrat in massachusetts. He could say he likes burning flags and doing cocaine in his spare time, and he'd still get reelected. Sort of like being a republican in Utah.
    That's a major reason that we have primaries.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Here he is about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac:

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)
    Okay. He screwed up on economic stuff, and is trying to cover his ass. Sounds like a lot of other people lately.

Barney Frank is not great on taxes, trade policy, et al. He is one of the few people in Congress genuinely concerned about civil liberties, though. He actually voted AGAINST the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act, which was passed because of Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church's disgusting anti-gay protests of soldiers' funerals. Even though that group is ridiculously homophobic, he recognized their right to free speech. I respect the principles there.
    Yup. And, that "problem" had already been solved by someone else's use of their rights to free speech. Go look up the Patriot Guard riders.

@Risen, what is your specific issue with him? I'm still not seeing anything extraordinarily bad here.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@Risen, what is your specific issue with him? I'm still not seeing anything extraordinarily bad here.
    I'm wondering if it's related to the elephant in [who came out of] the closet.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Okay. He screwed up on economic stuff, and is trying to cover his ass. Sounds like a lot of other people lately.

He didn't just "screw up." He believes that which is not true when it comes to economics.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I'm kind of surprised that Lieberman still keeps getting re-elected in Connecticut. Maybe somebody who's from there gets it...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Why I hate Barney frank-
    YouTube - Barney Frank: Plenty of rich people that we can tax

He's a dumbass, and his economic policies are suicidal, and he sounds like a f***ed up cartoon character. He was one of the idiots encouraging the Fannie and Freddy collapse, and is responsible for the mess we're in. AND WTF IS "CHANGENISM"!?