User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Obama be assassinated within one year?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 6.78%
  • No

    55 93.22%
123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 82

Thread: Assassination?

  1. #1
    THREADKILLER Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX
    Posts
    855

    Default Assassination?

    I'm only asking because of the threats, or plans for something heinous happening. Which could possibly be created from the already snowballing accusations and absurd religious prophecies. Two people have already been charged for conspiracy to murder Obama. I personally do not think this will happen, but what are your thoughts?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

  2. #2
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    I think it would be particularly good for the Democratic Party.

    1. no chance to screw up
    2. martyr
    3. more anti-right sentiment

    worked for Kennedy
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  3. #3
    EvanTheClown (ETC) Clownmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Obama's not an idiot, so he won't be making many public appearances. The secret service will do whatever is in their power to protect him.

    But on the flipside, there are WAAAAY too many racist people in America, so I don't think he has a chance even with such protection. I vote Yes, there will be blood shed.

    Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Nighthawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    423

    Default

    I think plots will be hatched, and plans will be made ... but I honestly believe our Secret Service and related agencies have gotten their shit together very well over the past few years. I think it will all be nipped in the bud, thankfully. I'm a bit optimistic about what Obama has to offer, despite my jaded views on politics in general.

  5. #5
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    I voted no, but I don't doubt that there will be more conspiracies against Obama for murder. It saddens me, but so many people are close-minded to having a 'colored' president in office, or someone who has socialist ideas, or someone coming from 'Muslim ties' so it must make him a terrorist, right? Because everybody from the middle-east is a terrorist. *note the heavy sarcasm here* [people who can't accept others despite their race/creed/political background sort of piss me off, if you couldn't tell]. Would anybody think to point a gun at McCain's head? Or Palin's? Maybe, possibly...though it'd be less likely to happen. [Then again, Palin would be more of a target than McCain, I'd think...we'd be getting rid of somebody totally useless anyway-- but that isn't really grounds to assassinate somebody ].

    I wonder if they'll have a preconceived notion that Obama might possibly be at high risk for assassination attempts and will double up on his security or something? I don't know...it'd be a sad day if this happened...but I'm hoping that it never will.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  6. #6
    Senior Member GinKuusouka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    I voted no, but I don't doubt that there will be more conspiracies against Obama for murder. It saddens me, but so many people are close-minded to having a 'colored' president in office, or someone who has socialist ideas, or someone coming from 'Muslim ties' so it must make him a terrorist, right? Because everybody from the middle-east is a terrorist. *note the heavy sarcasm here* [people who can't accept others despite their race/creed/political background sort of piss me off, if you couldn't tell]. Would anybody think to point a gun at McCain's head? Or Palin's? Maybe, possibly...though it'd be less likely to happen. [Then again, Palin would be more of a target than McCain, I'd think...we'd be getting rid of somebody totally useless anyway-- but that isn't really grounds to assassinate somebody ].

    I wonder if they'll have a preconceived notion that Obama might possibly be at high risk for assassination attempts and will double up on his security or something? I don't know...it'd be a sad day if this happened...but I'm hoping that it never will.
    I'm going to agree with you. I do hope that people give him a chance to see what he has to offer us first.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    It saddens me, but so many people are close-minded to having a 'colored' president in office, or someone who has socialist ideas, or someone coming from 'Muslim ties' so it must make him a terrorist, right?
    Your first and last sentiments in this sentence are understandable, but the middle one is retarded. You should sit down and think long and hard about why that is.

    There will be lots of plotting, but there's nothing to worry about. Obama won't be assassinated because no one important wants him dead, just random rednecks. He's not a threat to the system. Hell, he's stated that he wants to give the Federal Reserve more power. Bankers want him in power.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #8
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your first and last sentiments in this sentence are understandable, but the middle one is retarded. You should sit down and think long and hard about why that is.

    There will be lots of plotting, but there's nothing to worry about. Obama won't be assassinated because no one important wants him dead, just random rednecks. He's not a threat to the system. Hell, he's stated that he wants to give the Federal Reserve more power. Bankers want him in power.
    I wasn't trying to insinuate that somebody would attempt to assassinate him based on those things alone-- but, considering this is a thread about assassination, I suppose I could have embellished a little. It was more or less a statement of my disdain for people who will not attempt to accept him as our nation's new leader for those reasons... Sorry that I didn't point that out [I tend to sometimes not explain everything and just type or speak without thinking about what I'm saying].

    Could have done without the 'retarded' insult, though, there are other ways of telling someone something they said doesn't make sense..
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  9. #9
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Wouldn't it be dangerous if some crazy "redneck" just decided to go out one day with his gun and shoot him, no matter the consequences? It isn't unheard of people who want to commit suicide and do it with a touch of grandeur that will make him remembered...

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  10. #10
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Wouldn't it be dangerous if some crazy "redneck" just decided to go out one day with his gun and shoot him, no matter the consequences? It isn't unheard of people who want to commit suicide and do it with a touch of grandeur that will make him remembered...
    <.< There is that, too.

    [did you mean suicide in addition to an attempted/successful assassination to make him/herself remembered?].

    ^In which case is complete cowardice...it's saying 'I wanna be famous, without the penalty of suffering the consequences of my crimes!' Because heavens knows that if a person was caught attempting and possibly succeeding in assassinating a political figure, they'd be famous for it regardless...but of course they wouldn't want to serve time [and oh, they SO would...] so they decide they'd make the icing on the cake by killing themselves in the process..

    People are astoundingly psychotic sometimes...and not in the happy, fun, good way.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Similar Threads

  1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
    By Octarine in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 02:56 AM
  2. why would a liberal want obama to be assassinated?
    By r.a in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
  3. Billy Mays Assassination Plot!!!
    By kendoiwan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 04:47 PM
  4. Assassinate Plot on Obama Foiled...
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
  5. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO