User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Obama be assassinated within one year?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 6.78%
  • No

    55 93.22%
First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: Assassination?

  1. #61
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    How is that close-minded? You might as well say someone is close-minded for not supporting a politician because he has racist ideas, or because he wants to turn the United States into a monarchy. People reject socialism out of principle and enlightened self-interests.
    You've made your point on your opinion-- and I'm sure that it's based on fact. However, did I ever once say that someone would be closed-minded to not accept a politician with racist ideas or for wanting to turn us into a monarchy [which we almost would have been when this country was first founded if not for the elected candidate turning down the job, by the way-- but that's beside the point]. Who are you to tell me that my saying one thing would relate to my belief that things such as what you've exemplified would be closed-minded to not accept as well? You're putting words into my mouth and I'm just going to spit them back out at you because I'm talking about one, isolated condition-- not a generality of all things like it. You're not allowing me to be entitled to my own opinion. I'm not vying to change anybody's mind on the issue, I'm stating my own opinion on my own views-- just as everyone else here is- but just because you happen to disagree, I get attacked for it? Thanks so much; you can argue with me all you'd like, but it's not going to change my mind on how I see things--the only thing that will make me change my opinion is when I see what happens after Obama is in office, if it seems to be a negative thing after all.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  2. #62
    Member Sture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Something people have failed to notice...I never said Obama was a socialist. My argument was against the idea that it was closed-minded to not accept socialism (based on someone else's comments). Your reading comprehension needs some work.
    Well, you disagreed with the statement that obama's socialist ideas was no real threat because he didn't have the power to turn america socialist.
    That explicitly says that you think he has socialist ideas and implies that you think he's a socialist.
    Anyway.
    The important thing here isn't if you think he's socialist or not; it's that it's wrong for anyone to do so.

    Also, here's a tip for you: while little untalented insults like that last one make you feel smart, they make you look stupid.

  3. #63
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    Well, you disagreed with the statement that obama's socialist ideas was no real threat because he didn't have the power to turn america socialist.
    That explicitly says that you think he has socialist ideas and implies that you think he's a socialist.
    Anyway.
    The important thing here isn't if you think he's socialist or not; it's that it's wrong for anyone to do so.

    Also, here's a tip for you: while little untalented insults like that last one make you feel smart, they make you look stupid.
    So...are you a red-green alliance supporter, or a social democrat hardliner who annoys the members of his party who would actually like to reclaim political power in the near future?

  4. #64
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    Well, you disagreed with the statement that obama's socialist ideas was no real threat because he didn't have the power to turn america socialist.
    That explicitly says that you think he has socialist ideas and implies that you think he's a socialist.
    I was defending the position of someone who thinks Obama is a socialist. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #65
    THREADKILLER Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX
    Posts
    855

    Default

    It's temperaments like the ones portrayed here that cause problems within, and for the government, because people are never satisfied,... Regardless!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

  6. #66
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I was defending the position of someone who thinks Obama is a socialist. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?


    I think our 'debate' has left much confusion in its wake...
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  7. #67
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Personalizing issues tends to do that, unfortunately.

    There are Tees here who can't habla Eff.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  8. #68
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Personalizing issues tends to do that, unfortunately.

    There are Tees here who can't habla Eff.

    *lol* It happens. I guess we can't be too hard on them for that [but boy can they get hard on us if we don't happen to 'habla Tee' ]. Best thing we can do is try..

    Personalizing things.. ..seems to cause trouble sometimes, but it's difficult not to take points of a discussion to heart if it seems like a personal attack [for me, anyway, can't speak for everyone]. That's when I take a step back and think 'ok...might just be better for me to wash my hands of the issue, it's really bringing me down'.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  9. #69
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    I hear that.

    Glad you posted as after I did, I got to thinking, that to be fair, I should add that I struggle with speaking Tee. But that's what this forum is all about, I guess. Learning something about the different styles. Yeah?

    Enough digression. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  10. #70
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

    Glad you posted as after I did, I got to thinking, that to be fair, I should add that I struggle with speaking Tee.

    I'm on top of it
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Similar Threads

  1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
    By Octarine in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 02:56 AM
  2. why would a liberal want obama to be assassinated?
    By r.a in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
  3. Billy Mays Assassination Plot!!!
    By kendoiwan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 04:47 PM
  4. Assassinate Plot on Obama Foiled...
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
  5. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO