User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Obama be assassinated within one year?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 6.78%
  • No

55 93.22%
First 45678 Last

Thread: Assassination?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Two things make people obsessed with guns: 1) bearing arms is a fundamental right, and it's important to defend those vigorously; and 2) guns are cool. I don't care if I offend anyone by saying that. Like many dangerous things in life, guns have a mystique about them, and they aren't just practical tools; they are talismanic. It's fun to shoot a gun. Part of being an adult in a civilized society is knowing that you are free to do lots of dangerous things, but that you can hurt yourself or others, and you need to take responsibility for that.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

if Obama does get assassinated by november 2009, this will become the biggest "I TOLD YOU SO" thread ever.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Two things make people obsessed with guns: 1) bearing arms is a fundamental right, and it's important to defend those vigorously; and 2) guns are cool. I don't care if I offend anyone by saying that. Like many dangerous things in life, guns have a mystique about them, and they aren't just practical tools; they are talismanic. It's fun to shoot a gun. Part of being an adult in a civilized society is knowing that you are free to do lots of dangerous things, but that you can hurt yourself or others, and you need to take responsibility for that.
    Yes, shooting guns is all in the name of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Yes, shooting guns is all in the name of fun.

People shoot guns for fun all the time. You can go to a firing range right outside of Philadelphia and shoot an assault rifle for fun. Shooting people is the problem. There are even times when that's OK, like when they're trying to rob you. If you don't like guns, that's cool, too. It's a free country.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

What about this scenario?

That someone is not against Obama but he/she desides to try anyway.

Why?

Because person wants fame.
    I mean if you gun down the first black president in history, the history will remember you for sure and you will probably get your place in a pop culture also.

MBTI
    INFP

I can see that motivation, antisocial one.

I have a question:

Anyone here know anything about the security department that guards the prez?

Do they actually use doubles, etc?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I'm not really sure where I was going with this, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to mention the small town republican's obsession with guns.
    Is there a reason why you can't just live and let live with regard to this?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I can see that motivation, antisocial one.

I have a question:

Anyone here know anything about the security department that guards the prez?

Do they actually use doubles, etc?
    This intrigued me and got me reading Wikipedia a bit. I didn't find the answer, but apparently there was an attempt on George W. that failed. I guess someone threw a grenade at the podium he was speaking at, but it failed to detonate. I never heard about that, hmmm.

/back to reading

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What about this scenario?

That someone is not against Obama but he/she desides to try anyway.

Why?

Because person wants fame.
    I mean if you gun down the first black president in history, the history will remember you for sure and you will probably get your place in a pop culture also.
    John Hinckley, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    This intrigued me and got me reading Wikipedia a bit. I didn't find the answer, but apparently there was an attempt on George W. that failed. I guess someone threw a grenade at the podium he was speaking at, but it failed to detonate. I never heard about that, hmmm.

/back to reading
    I suppose that we aren't going to get much information about how they operate.

Bush spoke a couple of miles out of town a couple of years ago. In a quarry! Very secure. It was incredibly tight (in spite of the fact that we're a rural gun-totin' area full of Republicans!)

I won't go into detail about the disregard shown to his loyal fans, some elderly, who had to walk several miles in the heat on gravel roads to get there and were turned away because they were late. Or how they stuck all the neighboring towns for the cost of their police assistance. Or the Young Democrat who was denied entrance when the security people spotted his card in his wallet!

It was shameful.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer