User Tag List

123 Last

Default World's view on Obama's presidency...

Will the results of the elections change how the world looks at America now, after several years of downcast? How do you think the world views the U.S now that Obama will take presidency from January?

-passingby.

Who knows? I've heard enough from the rest of the world over the last 24 hours to know that I can't worry about what they think.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I think the world likes that he won.

Japan likes that he won.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't care what they think and I'm tired of getting their unsolicited opinions.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Sweden loves that he won. In a large national survey, 88% voted for him. Everybody seems to be relieved that the Bush administration is finally going away, and that a republican won't be running the country anytime soon.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Oberon

You know, from a game theory standpoint, it's not necessarily a good thing when your choice of presidents makes other countries happy.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'd love to compromise. We'll stop deposing leaders of foreign countries we don't like if foreigners shut up forever about whom Americans elect. Everyone wins.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I'd love to compromise. We'll stop deposing leaders of foreign countries we don't like if foreigners shut up forever about whom Americans elect. Everyone wins.
    To be fair, part of the reason they care is because we go around deposing leaders of foreign countries (and propping up dictators we consider to be 'allies').
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    To be fair, part of the reason they care is because we go around deposing leaders of foreign countries (and propping up dictators we consider to be 'allies').
    Oh, I know. I just meant it would be great to stop both permanently and immediately.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"