First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You know, from a game theory standpoint, it's not necessarily a good thing when your choice of presidents makes other countries happy.
    Well, if the goal is peace/economic stability... Then it's not such a bad thing to have a president that's not a war-loving retard. Considering that the U.S. controls the world economy, it's good for us when it's good for you. If the european union and the United States would be at war, on the other hand, we'd not like Obama at all. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that makes a lot of errors, and he is not very easy to provoke into doing stupid things, like Bush. We'd totally love Bush as president if we weren't allies, and economically dependent on each other.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You know, from a game theory standpoint, it's not necessarily a good thing when your choice of presidents makes other countries happy.
    Agreed... although I think what each American themselves is why there is such a chasm (in terms of popular vote, it's not that far from 50/50 in the US to some 80/20 in the world). The lack of exceptions is work thinking on, even if it is dismissed as "not in our best interests".

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Well, if the goal is peace/economic stability... Then it's not such a bad thing to have a president that's not a war-loving retard.
    That made me almost pee myself a little [not really, just an expression lol..]

I agree with you, however. Other countries are affected by our choice in a national leader, so why shouldn't they be relieved [or possibly disappointed, depending] on who we elect? We're affected by their choices as well, though perhaps we don't see the effects of it so easily [especially when they have leaders who are such for years and years on end...]. On a peaceful standpoint, having a President who is a.. 'war-hog' so to speak, isn't exactly something that another country's people should applaud..it'd be scary, wouldn't it? Especially given that we are such a powerful nation. A trigger-happy leader can be viewed as unstable and they've got a right to be paranoid about what other hellish catastrophes the good ol' US might unleash next... The fact that other countries are now proud of our nation's decision for our current President and have actually celebrated it speaks volumes about how they saw viewed this country during the last decade during the Bush administration.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INTJ

World's view on Obama's presidency...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I'd love to compromise. We'll stop deposing leaders of foreign countries we don't like if foreigners shut up forever about whom Americans elect. Everyone wins.
    should trade between nations also stop? i mean, it is kinda difficult to ignore the leaders of other nations if you do business with them.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    should trade between nations also stop? i mean, it is kinda difficult to ignore the leaders of other nations if you do business with them.
    I never said anything of the sort. In fact, we need every nation to demolish the trade barriers they've already set up. What are you talking about?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Trading between nations doesn't necessarily mean the president of the US has to get involved. Ideally, governments would stay out of it, completely.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    We'll stop deposing leaders of foreign countries we don't like if foreigners shut up forever about whom Americans elect.
    Deposing leaders of foreign countries is a crime, while talking about American elections is gossip.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

A lot of foreign policies and opportunities in Europe depend on the U.S., if you elect a dipshit, we suffer as much as you do.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Deposing leaders of foreign countries is a crime, while talking about American elections is gossip.
    Deposing brutal tyrants that are already despised by two-thirds of their people is not a crime-it might not usually be a particularly intelligent thing to do, but its not immoral. A government that so grievously violates the most basic rights of its own citizens has no right to exist.