User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Default Protestors in West Hollywood

Took some pics of protestors in Hollywood on La Cienega and Santa Monica from my car.

There's two groups of protestors, another larger group of like 2,500 east of where they are, a half a mile away marching towards this group to join together.

Dang... haha look at all these protestors! Its cool to protest something you really believe in.

Btw, this group was peaceful. The other group, supposedly got into some scuffles with police. Dang, I didn't know they were all crazy like that. haha

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Protesting what, prop 8?

MBTI
    enfp

^ yeah.

nothing wrong with that. u kno?

these pics were from an hour ago.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I had to drive through West Hollywood to my internship in Beverly Hills (May to July). June is Gay Pride Month. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned gay traffic jam.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp

u know, these guys know how to protest on the streets, and take it to the police if need be. thats pretty cool.

no one is really angry at the extra traffic today. people understand.

im still waiting for them to have some hand signs to identify themselves while marching on the streets. haha

Wow, they really took it to the Mormon temple, too. The news showed brawling fistfights and some blood. Who knew that Mormons vs. Gays would make for a vicious rumble?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Wow, they really took it to the Mormon temple, too. The news showed brawling fistfights and some blood. Who knew that Mormons vs. Gays would make for a vicious rumble?
    wat... haha ur making that up huh? they went to the mormon temple on santa monica blvd, i think a few blocks away from westwood blvd... drove by that area on the 10 and saw a lot of traffic still around 630 pm-ish.

i thought they only scuffled with the police? they really fought with mormons? how many on how many? it was on the news? you know that mormon temple is surrounded by huge fences. you can't just walk in there if they don't want you to. i just saw news footage of one protestor guy getting beat by like 5 cops. I thought the guy like 5 feet away was gonna jump in and help out his buddy.

yea for reals though. i bet those gays who got arrested for fighting the police automatically became OG's amongst the gays. haha... they had 1000 heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    wat... haha ur making that up huh? they went to the mormon temple on santa monica blvd, i think a few blocks away from westwood blvd... drove by that area on the 10 and saw a lot of traffic still around 630 pm-ish.

i thought they only scuffled with the police? they really fought with mormons? how many on how many? it was on the news? you know that mormon temple is surrounded by huge fences. you can't just walk in there if they don't want you to. i just saw news footage of one protestor guy getting beat by like 5 cops. I thought the guy like 5 feet away was gonna jump in and help out his buddy.

yea for reals though. i bet those gays who got arrested for fighting the police automatically became OG's amongst the gays. haha... they had 1000 heads.
    You're right about the tall fences. The fights started because people from the Mormon temple came outside the fence to remove protest signs hung on it by the protesters. They were mostly fighting with each other from what I could see, the only ones fighting the police were the ones being dragged away.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    You're right about the tall fences. The fights started because people from the Mormon temple came outside the fence to remove protest signs hung on it by the protesters. They were mostly fighting with each other from what I could see, the only ones fighting the police were the ones being dragged away.
    dannnnnnng haha

sounds like some drama!

dang, im somewhat impressed by their coordination in splitting up, merging, and spreading out into groups to hit all the major areas.

some video footage of the protesting. someone's camera. haven't found any of the actual fights between the gays and mormons yet tho...

YouTube - Proposition 8 Protest 11/6/08 Mormon Church

MBTI
    INxJ

I had a friend that attended. She said it was inspirational.