User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I had a friend that attended. She said it was inspirational.
    yeah i can imagine. something happens to the air here when people march like that... u can tell even the way the traffic on the freeway flows...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Wow, they really took it to the Mormon temple, too. The news showed brawling fistfights and some blood. Who knew that Mormons vs. Gays would make for a vicious rumble?
    Heh, what's ironic is that they are fighting about marriage laws. I can just imagine the conversations behind closed doors.

Morman1: "Marriage should be defined as one man and one woman."

Morman2: "I know. If we allow gays to marry what will be next? Polygamy?"

(pause)

Morman1: "Hmm. Maybe we've too hasty about this whole proposition 8 thing."

My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INxJ

lol

No, actually one of my best friends is Mormon. He thinks Prop 8 is heinous.

MBTI

Right on.

Fuck tax evading bigots.
    innit?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    and take it to the police if need be. thats pretty cool.
    That's an interesting thought...since the police created the laws, right? Cops in groups working against a mass have significantly less power of discretion than normal.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

u know, these guys know how to protest on the streets, and take it to the police if need be. thats pretty cool.

no one is really angry at the extra traffic today. people understand.
    I seriously doubt that no one is angry. Traffic annoys everyone.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

this traffic was really nothing compared to some of the other marches in LA. this one was only like 1000-3000 people. there was a lot of warning on the news to avoid certain areas.

you should have seen the traffic for much bigger demonstrations in LA. im talking hundreds of thousands, one even a few years ago with reportedly a million people. Remember LA county alone has 11 million people, most populated county in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    That's an interesting thought...since the police created the laws, right? Cops in groups working against a mass have significantly less power of discretion than normal.
    Well, its los angeles. police don't have a great history here. that said, for the most part, it was peaceful compared to other demonstrations. Not exactly what I would even call a mini riot. Just a spirited demonstration, and its not that hard to imagine why. not that much of a big deal. I have like 5 friends that work in the LAPD that work this district. Pretty low key compared to other demonstrations. There is going to be a much much bigger one in a month regarding something completely different anyways.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, its los angeles. police don't have a great history here. that said, for the most part, it was peaceful compared to other demonstrations. Not exactly what I would even call a mini riot.
    Homos don't riot (i.e. burn stuff, throw bottles at the fuzz).

They just act and dress in a way that is offensive to SJ sensibilities (i.e. yelling "We should be able to marry and raise kids if we want to, honey!!!" while wearing short shorts and small pink silk scarf around the neck, followed by "YOU'RE CUTE!!!")

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

this traffic was really nothing compared to some of the other marches in LA. this one was only like 1000-3000 people. there was a lot of warning on the news to avoid certain areas.
    I was really pissed off when Florida had those illegal immigrant marches a couple years ago. But any delay is annoying. I don't care what's going on, even funeral processions are annoying.

Get out of the way.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Well, they are the only reason laws mean shit, so nothing personal from either end, right?
    innit?