User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I want Republican filibuster numbers to be as secure as possible, so I'm rooting for Coleman. I have no idea whether he's a shmuck or not, and under the circumstances I don't even care.
    I'm with you there. And Coleman is a schmuck, but I'd rather have a schmuck over a piece of shit. Minnesotans should be embarrassed for letting Franken even come close to winning this election.

The recount has the race getting even closer. The lead is down to 221 votes (from 700ish on Wednesday). Coleman thinks there's something funny going on.

Tension escalates as recount fluctuates
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    XNXP

Last I heard Michelle Bachman was ahead up there in Minnesota. Too bad. I was hoping that she'd get her ass kicked big time.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Last I heard Michelle Bachman was ahead up there in Minnesota. Too bad. I was hoping that she'd get her ass kicked big time.
    She's pretty annoying. She wasn't in my district so I didn't vote on it, and I have no idea who she was running against.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."