User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

That commonality is a farce.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That commonality is a farce.
    No, it is a matter of degree. And in this election, there was a huge gap between the old white rich and new young black - it may not be a good way to decide on a leader, but it is a good way to find a representative.

Enneagram
    1w2

Sigh, I knew I avoided political discussions for a reason.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Sigh, I knew I avoided political discussions for a reason.
    Because they're political?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Because they're political?
    No because they all end up being a one trick pony after a certain point. pure_merc immediately honed in on my racial reason for voting, and I anticipated someone doing that (even down to the person!). It's predictable and useless.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ESFJ

No because they all end up being a one trick pony after a certain point. pure_merc immediately honed in on my racial reason for voting, and I anticipated someone doing that (even down to the person!). It's predictable and useless.
    Then why post the same nonsense again, only to have it slammed?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

He basically said to me women need to wise up and stop voting on social issues, because they're not real issues which is laughable to me.
    I read a piece about a woman involved in local politics who said the only issue that led her to join the DFL was the lack of "free" public school breakfasts. I think women tend to be more focused on details that affect people in small ways, and consequently most of them can't see the forest for the trees. It's a good trait for being a mother, but it's not good for the economy or the political state of affairs.
    I don't wanna!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Then why post the same nonsense again, only to have it slammed?
    If you don't have any regard for the significance this election holds for someone other than a person like you then just be quiet. I devoted about 5 sentences in that whole post to race and that's the first thing you went for.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    No, it is a matter of degree. And in this election, there was a huge gap between the old white rich and new young black - it may not be a good way to decide on a leader, but it is a good way to find a representative.
    Something I find amusing (and a bit frustrating) is that I have more in common with Obama than many of the people you're referring to. But that's what you get when people are focused on the superficial.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

If you don't have any regard for the significance this election holds for someone other than a person like you then just be quiet. I devoted about 5 sentences in that whole post to race and that's the first thing you went for.
    Because it's something easy to decry. And don't tell me to be quiet. You know in your logical mind what I am talking about; you just don't want to hear it from me. Well, too bad. Is it nice that a half-black man was elected President of the United States? Yes. Is it OK to vote for him simply because he's half-black? Absolutely not, and you know it. If a white person voted for McCain just because he was the white guy in the race, he or she would be pilloried, and rightfully so.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"