User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Prop 8

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Nomad, listen, Gay marriage (Nor any Marriage AT ALL) had never been taught in California schools, and would not be taught if the proposition failed to pass. Am I clear?
    Yeah, I don't remember being taught about it at all either.

Yet a review of public records filed with the First District Court of Appeal in Boston shows these same organizations who claim our statement is a lie fought to make it true in Massachusetts. Specifically, they fought to ensure that gay marriage be taught in Massachusetts public schools, even over the objection of parents who sought an "opt out" for their children. Gay marriage was legalized by Massachusetts courts in 2003.
    Proposition 8: Who's Really Lying? - MarketWatch

All it takes is one group though to take it to the courts like they did in Massachussets though.

I know California is not Massachussets. But man... I mean you go Hermosa Beach, Manhattan beach, there is a lot of Massachussets transplants there.

I would have much much much prefered Prop 8 to say " Gay marriage is legal, but gay marriage will not be taught in adolescent schools" Something to that effect.

Hopefully they put up another prop like that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I would have much much much prefered Prop 8 to say " Gay marriage is legal, but gay marriage will not be taught in schools" Something to that effect.
    That would have been fine, but that isn't what the Yes on prop 8 people wanted.

The proposition was the shortest proposition by a large margin, I remember reading the prop booklet and it had a little 3 inch segment, while the other props were 4-6 pages long. All it does is amend the CA constitution to say: "Gay marriage is not recognized in California." (paraphrased)

Clearly this proposition was about the kids right? No, it was about religion. The people who supported it "for the kids" were tricked, they were suckers to fear.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm sure not everyone in California deserves to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I'm sure not everyone in California deserves to die.
    YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

signed,

Samuel L. Jackson
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I tried to stop it bro, I went around stealing "yes on prop 8" signs, scribbling out stickers on people's cars, it was futile.

MBTI
    enfp

That would have been fine, but that isn't what the Yes on prop 8 people wanted.

The proposition was the shortest proposition by a large margin, I remember reading the prop booklet and it had a little 3 inch segment, while the other props were 4-6 pages long. All it does is amend the CA constitution to say: "Gay marriage is not recognized in California." (paraphrased)

Clearly this proposition was about the kids right? No, it was about religion. The people who supported it "for the kids" were tricked, they were suckers to fear.
    Well that may be true to some degree. But not ALL yes voters thought that. But the rewording of the proposition to include a reassurance about education isn't that much to ask. You know as well as I do that most Californians do support the right of gays to marry. But obviously, not the teaching of it in schools.

It can be amended or a slightly different proposition can be put up soon to address those concerns. I wouldn't want to believe that California can't be nimble and flexible in its approach. We're not the hazy, brainless Bush types here u know? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    You know as well as I do that most Californians do support the right of gays to marry.
    They have clearly demonstrated the opposite.

MBTI
    enfp

They have clearly demonstrated the opposite.
    well i know how u feel. i can't say i didn't feel the same in 2004. but let me reiterate...

It can be amended or a slightly different proposition can be put up soon to address those concerns. I wouldn't want to believe that California can't be nimble and flexible in its approach. We're not the hazy, brainless Bush types here u know? =)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I tried to stop it bro, I went around stealing "yes on prop 8" signs, scribbling out stickers on people's cars, it was futile.
    Yes, because you're all so tolerant of the opposite viewpoint...

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yes, because you're all so tolerant of the opposite viewpoint...
    Fight over Prop. 8 results in assaults - 11/04/08 - San Francisco News - abc7news.com

Atleast I don't beat up 17 year old girls because I cannot argue my point.

Also, I was the driver, my esfj friends (girls) did the removing of the signs.

The Yes on 8 people were stealing signs too, its not 1 sided.