User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Thread: Prop 8

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I am asking you to define what it was that was taught to children by the "gays of Massachusetts," the thing you've been arguing against for the entirety of this thread. Are you capable of doing that? Do you even know what it is that you've been against this whole time?
    Im sure its an ongoing process in Massachussets right now. I have no idea what they taught exactly so far, if thats what you are asking.

Im sure what happened in California will make them act more sensibly though. Its an ongoing process of tug and pull, thats about all I can tell you. If you know what it is exactly, im open to reading about it more.

It was really up to the No proponents to educate the public about it. But I don't see any point in putting risk into the unknown at this point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Originally Posted by CaptainChick
    Blacks are inferior to whites, women are inferior to men, gays are inferior to heterosexuals and do not deserve the same rights.

IF YOU DON'T SEE THE SIMILARITIES IN THESE ANALOGIES, SORRY.
    STOP comparing homosexuality to race and racism. I'm about tired of this argument for how inept and offensive it is. Your sexuality has no relation to racism, ESPECIALLY in the nation we live in today where gays dont have ANYTHING infringing upon their rights. Marriage is an institution that originated and was based in heterosexuality, and even religion for the vast majority of human history. It is an institution steeped in sexuality. Thus, it is retarded, in my opinion, to appeal to the state and the government for a personal, sexual institution to be changed on the account of a sexuality that was NEVER meant to be a part of that institution. Sorry, that's the fact. The people have spoken on this time and time again.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I have no idea what they taught exactly so far, if thats what you are asking.
    Yes, that is exactly what I was asking.

And now I ask you to hang your head in shame. Buddha frowns upon you.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

hey ur mad. u guys got a lot of work to do to add one simple sentence. me, i got only my own work to do.

go start a gay gang and start gang bangin on people then. lolz

let me tell u something though

Los Angeles County - 11 million population - 80% registered voters voted.

Add one sentence. Its not that hard really.
    Ugh. I basically never flame, but honestly, [I am not a fan of your chocolate salty balls].

What are you even arguing?
    Last edited by Ivy; 11-05-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: removed insult

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

For the third time: ATTACK IDEAS NOT PEOPLE.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

But I don't see any point in putting risk into the unknown at this point.
    You don't see a point????? You see no point in allowing gay marriage? If you don't, I guess the conversation is over.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    STOP comparing homosexuality to race and racism. I'm about tired of this argument for how inept and offensive it is. Your sexuality has no relation to racism, ESPECIALLY in the nation we live in today where gays dont have ANYTHING infringing upon their rights. Marriage is an institution that originated and was based in heterosexuality, and even religion for the vast majority of human history. It is an institution steeped in sexuality. Thus, it is retarded, in my opinion, to appeal to the state and the government for a personal, sexual institution to be changed on the account of a sexuality that was NEVER meant to be a part of that institution. Sorry, that's the fact. The people have spoken on this time and time again.
    Okay, if everything you say is true, then why is it considered okay to limit the authority of some churches to perform marriages of gays, if they see it as religiously acceptable? Why the insinuation that there is a line that cannot be straddled between religion and gay people? Why would gay people seek to be married if they did not have a vested spiritual interest in marriage's significance?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    You don't see a point????? You see no point in allowing gay marriage? If you don't, I guess the conversation is over.
    im fine with gay marriage. legalize it if its just that.

i just don't want to risk the unknown of what is being taught in schools in massachussets to kids about gay marriage

i've been pretty patient to like at least 10 people who misunderstood what I said. It requires a more nimble and flexible approach I suppose.

i understand, the media doesn't put it succintly on tv to what i am personally thinking. but i suppose its not that hard to ask people to understand what i said exactly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

im fine with gay marriage. legalize it if its just that.

i just don't want to risk the unknown of what is being taught in schools in massachussets to kids about gay marriage

i've been pretty patient to like at least 10 people who misunderstood what I said.
    Eh, sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I don't know what the status of teaching marriage is, but if they do teach marriage, I don't see why they wouldn't include all the information. Why is that so scary? What's the risk?

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Okay, if everything you say is true, then why is it considered okay to limit the authority of some churches to perform marriages of gays, if they see it as religiously acceptable? Why the insinuation that there is a line that cannot be straddled between religion and gay people? Why would gay people seek to be married if they did not have a vested spiritual interest in marriage's significance?
    who cares if some church allows gay marriage? means more people go to that church.

if u want that extra 5-10%, its about teaching it to kids in school.