User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    enfp

danggg

this is all too intense for me...

too drunk n faded... haha gotta take care of...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yeah. The only explanation for Obama's victory lies in one word: Hype.
    Hope. Founded or not. That's the explanation.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    You know, McCain wasn't a bad guy. I would have much rather had him than bush in 2004.

But either way, he did go ravenous at moments, but he had his moments of dignity and morals that I have to say made me think he was an okay guy.

I listened to his speech on the radio coming back from voting. He's a good guy!
    I would have voted for McCain in 2000 if it was him vs. Gore. I liked McCain in a lot of ways before this year when he had to pander to the far right conservatives. For example McCain originally voted against the Bush tax cuts, and that is the McCain I liked. This year's McCain said he wanted to make those tax cuts permanent.

Overall though I wouldn't be too unhappy if McCain won. I think he'd make a decent president, and he was certainly the best pick from the Republicans running this year. It's just that I like Obama better, so that is why I supported him.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I would have voted for McCain in 2000 if it was him vs. Gore. I liked McCain in a lot of ways before this year when he had to pander to the far right conservatives. For example McCain originally voted against the Bush tax cuts, and that is the McCain I liked. This year's McCain said he wanted to make those tax cuts permanent.

Overall though I wouldn't be too unhappy if McCain won. I think he'd make a decent president, and he was certainly the best pick from the Republicans running this year. It's just that I like Obama better, so that is why I supported him.

There should be bigger tax cuts than Bush ever proposed. Unfortunately, Bush hates taxes more than he hates spending. He, in fact, LOVES spending, more so than any POTUS since LBJ. Just one more reason why Bush sucks.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Oberon

Maybe I should change my name to Oberama.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Maybe I should change my name to Oberama.
    That sounds like either an eighties Pop band or an amusement park ride.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wanted him in 2000, but Bush pulled the "illegitimate black baby" ploy in the Carolinas and that was the end of that.

Unfortunately it seemed like he had changed a lot by the time he had reached the main election season this time around. I don't think he's a bad person either, but it didn't help that he's a maverick persona who ended up partly being stuck representing the establishment + trying to win approval from conflicting elements of the fractured Republican Party.
    I think this is a major hurtle that the Republican party is finally being faced to confront: while appealing to evangelicals and other far-right Christian coalitions has been a sure-fire way to assure a certain number of votes, it has effectively sabotaged any moderate Republican candidate's chances at the presidency. I'm of the notion that the number of would-be Republicans who begrudgingly vote for the Democrat candidate (Democratic candidate?) over issues of ideology has come to outweigh the number of far-right religious types the party has been catering to for the sake of assuring that block of votes.

On a practical level, the Republican party historically stood for limited governmental intrusion and, relatedly, low taxes, but between its vested interest in maintaining the Military-industrial Complex and the necessity of courting the type of Americans most interested in limiting what people may or may not do in the privacy of their own homes, anyone who believes in that sort of Randian conservatism is better off voting Democrat!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    but either way, for me im just a pragmatist lately. if it was REALLY possible to have a 3+ party system, im all for it, but its not possible at this moment. but if it was really possible, sure why not.
    Anyone touching the US election process would be called a fascist and probably executed on the spot... And the two main parties would never support it, so it is pretty much a lock.

However, all you guys need to cause huge widespread reform is enact a single transferrable vote system. It'd be enough to complete re-write the political dynamics.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Or we could just decide to vote third parties. If enough people did it, they couldn't do much to stop it. Bob Barr was on the ballot in 47 states.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Or we could just decide to vote third parties. If enough people did it, they couldn't do much to stop it. Bob Barr was on the ballot in 47 states.
    I'm sure you realise why this won't happen... That's why the STV is a good idea. It can let people vote third part(ies!) and the main party at the same time.