User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Obama Wins.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Now it's time not to be neutral anymore.

---

Frankly, you have no idea how proud the world is tonight to have found the America we all love once again.

A lot of americans have no idea how much effect will this outcome have on the outside world, but we do.
    Tonight a majority of americans have elected more than a simple man, but the true symbol we all needed. Yes, a symbol.

I hope this man will not only reconcile your divided nation, but the entire western world and even more. I hope he will be able to mend the tremendous diplomatical damage the Bush administration have done, during the most idiotic decade ever sustained by your country.

During the Bush's era, America's popularity has dropped to such a low levels, never seen in your entire history. And in your isolationist bubble, a lot of you never seemed to bother or to be aware of that.

But this is now the past, we should forget those bleak times of resentment, cynicism and incomprehension.
    Because suddenly, within one day, the entire planet feels the need to dream about America once more. It's always in time of crisis that people feel the need to be (re)united, and Obama has understood this fundamental truth. You have chosen someone I expect to be an outstanding man. He's black, he's smart, and one of the most powerful rhetorician I've ever heard. He's a living symbol of how America looks at its best.

---

You american people may not be the one to feel the need to party tonight. It's crazy, but I'm almost crying of joy.

I have kept this bottle of Champagne far too long!

To hope!

I am not trying to be a dick here, but reading something like that really disappoints me as an American. It's very frustrating, and I hope the sentiment isn't shared by nearly as many non-Americans as you suggest.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Wow! 24 registered users viewing this thread!

I think that set a record.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am not trying to be a dick here, but reading something like that really disappoints me as an American. It's very frustrating, and I hope the sentiment isn't shared by nearly as many non-Americans as you suggest.
    It's a VERY widely held sentiment in the are of South America where I was... and my Friends of Europe friends in college sounded quite like Blackmail! as well..... just sayin'
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Wow! 24 registered users viewing this thread!

I think that set a record.
    Which is why I, an ENTP, made sure that he was the one who created it :P.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Seriously, more people have viewed this thread than my blog.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

---

Frankly, you have no idea how proud the world is tonight to have found the America we all love once again.

A lot of americans have no idea how much effect will this outcome have on the outside world, but we do.
    Tonight a majority of americans have elected more than a simple man, but the true symbol we all needed. Yes, a symbol.

I hope this man will not only reconcile your divided nation, but the entire western world and even more. I hope he will be able to mend the tremendous diplomatical damage the Bush administration have done, during the most idiotic decade ever sustained by your country.

During the Bush's era, America's popularity has dropped to such a low levels, never seen in your entire history. And in your isolationist bubble, a lot of you never seemed to bother or to be aware of that.

But this is now the past, we should forget those bleak times of resentment, cynicism and incomprehension.
    Because suddenly, within one day, the entire planet feels the need to dream about America once more. It's always in time of crisis that people feel the need to be (re)united, and Obama has understood this fundamental truth. You have chosen someone I expect to be an outstanding man. He's black, he's smart, and one of the most powerful rhetorician I've ever heard. He's a living symbol of how America looks at its best.

---

You american people may not be the one to feel the need to party tonight. It's crazy, but I'm almost crying of joy.

I have kept this bottle of Champagne far too long!

To hope!

OH GOD SHOOT ME NOW
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hey- how's Minnesota's Senate race going Anja?
    Franken is losing, thank god. I don't even like Coleman. It's just that Franken is that much of a fucking asshole that I went out of my way to vote in Minnesota. I could have voted in Florida, Minnesota, or Missouri. I voted in Minnesota just so I could vote AGAINST Franken. That fuckhead doesn't deserve to represent anyone in Washington.

P.S. I hate Al Franken.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I hope he will be able to mend the tremendous diplomatical damage the Bush administration have done, during the most idiotic decade ever sustained by your country.

[/I]
    We were never neutral.

We were shocked and horrified by the attack on New York and offered our full support.

We don't like to let down our mates and we stick by our allies through thick and thin.

Just as we stood by your fine country when it was attacked.

We don't measure our friends by popularity or by success.

And of course we share the happiness and celebration at the election of a new President.

This is the glory of liberal democracy.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It's a VERY widely held sentiment in the are of South America where I was... and my Friends of Europe friends in college sounded quite like Blackmail! as well..... just sayin'
    That's sad. To love a country when it does what you like, then call it stupid when it does something you don't like? To claim that the United States is in an "isolationist bubble?" Christ, if ONLY we were isolationists. I am sorry, but that post deserves a giant headshake.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That's sad. To love a country when it does what you like, then call it stupid when it does something you don't like? To claim that the United States is in an "isolationist bubble?" Christ, if ONLY we were isolationists. I am sorry, but that post deserves a giant headshake.
    I know that the Brazilians felt that the US was only out for itself and didn't care a thing about them. They were convinced that the US would be willing to do and take whatever they wished to in order to get ahead, but if you follow Latin American politics you can understand the mistrust in a way.

Europe can speak for itself quite sufficiently
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett