User Tag List

First 21293031

Results 301 to 308 of 308

Thread: Obama Wins.

  1. #301
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Nope, I think knowledge of other life and potential communication with them would set a bar of new thinking that I doubt would change back to our old ways.
    Also, If this information is released, the use of fossil fuels will no longer be necessary, as there is and has been an alternative for quite some time that doesn't chew up resources and doesn't cause pollution either. This has stemmed from ET technology in their propulsion systems. (see the disclosure project on google video)
    The government has had this alternative fuel source in its hands for a long time but if it was to be brought in, the fat cats in the oil industries would be in a word - fucked. This would bring corrupt coorporations crashing down. (Afterall its these coorporations that thrive on war to finance them further in the oil trade etc.) Which is a good thing for everyone even them in the long run, but they only think short term and therefore block its introduction. The governments don't mind because the oil industry makes them money aswell.
    One day, there will be someone who gets this information broadcast to the general public, as with all things truthful and just, it can't be hidden forever.
    I think you're incredibly naive. Human nature won't change overnight. People would be in awe of the spectacle for a little while, but once the novelty wears off, it would be business as usual. Technology hasn't made humans any less selfish or violent, as a species. If anything, technology has made it easier to commit genocide.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #302
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think you're incredibly naive. Human nature won't change overnight. People would be in awe of the spectacle for a little while, but once the novelty wears off, it would be business as usual. Technology hasn't made humans any less selfish or violent, as a species. If anything, technology has made it easier to commit genocide.
    I agree technology has given us more power to do more evil things.
    Human nature will never change.
    There will always be evil in the world, there will always be selfishness and violence.
    In some sort of weird perverted way, circumstances and peers often reward such behavior.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think you're incredibly naive. Human nature won't change overnight. People would be in awe of the spectacle for a little while, but once the novelty wears off, it would be business as usual. Technology hasn't made humans any less selfish or violent, as a species. If anything, technology has made it easier to commit genocide.
    I think I know more than you on this subject otherwise you wouldn't assume me naive. Do some more research.
    To answer, public knowledge of the existence of UFO's would certainly change the world forever. The message they bring is of critical importance and the learning of this new knowledge/teaching brought forth from a race clearly more technically and more importantly vastly more spiritually advanced, would bring about enormous change. I never said over night, but the message is something that would literally prevent us from going into the business as usual mentality as everything would change dramatically once the message is absorbed. You need to do your own research into this however I'm not one to trumpet the truth.

  4. #304
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

    Yes, inequality has increased. Rich people are getting richer much faster than are poor people. That is exactly what I said before. Where is your argument? Absolute poverty has fallen in almost every country in the world.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #305
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I think I know more than you on this subject otherwise you wouldn't assume me naive. Do some more research.
    To answer, public knowledge of the existence of UFO's would certainly change the world forever. The message they bring is of critical importance and the learning of this new knowledge/teaching brought forth from a race clearly more technically and more importantly vastly more spiritually advanced, would bring about enormous change. I never said over night, but the message is something that would literally prevent us from going into the business as usual mentality as everything would change dramatically once the message is absorbed. You need to do your own research into this however I'm not one to trumpet the truth.
    Should I address you as Oracle?

    What message will they bring?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Your example of French cinema perfectly illustrates how the current market, or status quo even, has no disregard whatsoever to what makes a good product. All that matters is what sells. I can't believe how people actually make that a religion.
    I know this discussion is a few days old, but I couldn't let this pass without asking a question. "What sells" is the same as "What people enjoy". If the audience (the people movies are actually made for) is not fit to decide what is a good product and what is not, then who is? When you go out to eat, who is the arbiter of whether your meal was enjoyable? The waiter? The food critic at the next table? No, that would be ludicrous. Obviously it's you, you diner who actually ate the meal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    There is more diversity in the United States then any country as a whole, but due to our vast size, it can be spread out minus a few extra cities. Europe is much more densely packed so the apparent diversity is more accessible.
    Exactly. Much of the supposed cultural ignorance in America is explained by geography. An American can drive for a week in the same direction and still be in America. If the United States had several culturally distinct nations within a day's drive of our borders, as most European nations do, I think that would make all the difference.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  7. #307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I think I know more than you on this subject otherwise you wouldn't assume me naive. Do some more research.
    To answer, public knowledge of the existence of UFO's would certainly change the world forever. The message they bring is of critical importance and the learning of this new knowledge/teaching brought forth from a race clearly more technically and more importantly vastly more spiritually advanced, would bring about enormous change. I never said over night, but the message is something that would literally prevent us from going into the business as usual mentality as everything would change dramatically once the message is absorbed. You need to do your own research into this however I'm not one to trumpet the truth.
    Can we just out Bigfoot and vampires and maybe change a little bit?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Should I address you as Oracle?

    What message will they bring?
    Hahaha... Your ignorance is typical and highly amusing. A good place to start if your interested is the disclosure project that's pretty much where I began my search and found some astounding things thereafter. Good luck, I hope for your sake you can comprehend what you'll inevitably encounter with thourough research.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Obama Really Going to Win?
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 519
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 01:27 AM
  2. Obama wins Nobel Peace prize...
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. Barack Obama. Discuss.
    By Cindyrella in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
  4. Ron Paul Wins Another Presidential Debate
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO