First 4121314151624 Last

Thread: Obama Wins.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    and yet you're still here
    He's still waiting for that magical change to happen.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

The magical change in my pants has subsided..

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I was at the Gap convention; hangin' with the Cumberland Gap himself, and you know who showed up ? The United States ! I tried to get over to her and tell her I loved her, but you can imagine there was quite a crowd. "Get in line, mofo!" people said !

Oh. God. I thought people would have gotten sick of the Zoolander Jeep ride thing. It has been reserected.

[YOUTUBE="yDxS6nAF7dY"]Zoolander Gasoline Fight[/YOUTUBE]

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Indiana went Democrat for the first time since the 1964 election!!!!!

Ok... now I'm going to finish off my celebratory wine and go to sleep I just wanted to make sure of the results before going to bed!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'm surprised by the number of folks here who thought our world reputation was stellar.
    I don't think our world reputation is stellar, what suprises me is the number of non-americans who pat themselves on the back as being so such open-minded critical thinkers and yet they take their impression of what the average american is like and what they think about, etc. from news media sources and movies apparently. One would have to be doing that to believe that most Americans were blissfully unaware of what the world thought of the Bush policies.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Indiana went Democrat for the first time since the 1964 election!!!!!

Ok... now I'm going to finish off my celebratory wine and go to sleep I just wanted to make sure of the results before going to bed!
    Congratulations.
    I really wasn't expecting both Virginia and Indiana to do that. This may not be a Clinton vs Dole landslide, or remotely like a Nixon vs McGovern landslide, but it still turned out bigger than I was expecting.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't think our world reputation is stellar, what suprises me is the number of non-americans who pat themselves on the back as being so such open-minded critical thinkers and yet they take their impression of what the average american is like and what they think about, etc. from news media sources and movies apparently. One would have to be doing that to believe that most Americans were blissfully unaware of what the world thought of the Bush policies.
    Most definitely, yes. Not to undermine the celebrations, but this kind of thing mentioned above is disappointing.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Congratulations.
    I really wasn't expecting both Virginia and Indiana to do that. This may not be a Clinton vs Dole landslide, or remotely like a Nixon vs McGovern landslide, but it still turned out bigger than I was expecting.
    congrats on your state as well, dear spongeling!

<-- one of those glasses was filled with cider! (not mine!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think my fav. was Katie Couric (One of the most biased "journalists" in history, even since the early 90s), saying "It doesn't matter who you supported, it's a day for celebration."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Congrats to everyone, also quick investment idea. Firearm imports are gonna probably get cut off so invest in them guns and you just might get rich selling them (new) pre-bans