User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes, I voted today.

Also, this guy has the right idea:

Don’t Rock the Vote, Baby! - HUMAN EVENTS
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

^I believe in informed voting, also. But its pathetic how apethetic people have gotten about their government.

Trust me when I say that supression efforts are strong. It can take real motivation to deal with the hurdles often thrown in front of you. Imagine the havok someone can cause by breaking polling equipment (for instance). You may only have a couple of hours to actually cast you ballot.

Information about the logistics of voting is quite diferent from information about what is going to be on the balot. Like I've mentioned elsewhere, it is significantly easier to vote in the primaries than in the real election due to strange and often made-up hoops that people have to go through.

If someone who looks authoritative claims you need a birth certificate to show you can vote, there are going to be people turned back. Some random guy tried that at my polling place two years ago (he seemed like he was only doing it to foreign-looking individuals), but he was told to leave the premises. I didn't see anyone leave because of that guy, but I wouldn't be surprized if that technique worked in the past.

It's easy for people who have polling places within walking distance from home, but others have to significantly alter their working day to vote.

Also, many people who work in food-sevice or near minimum wage are often rushed and hurried most of the day, and may feel that since they vote won't make that much of a difference, they don't vote.

Seeing as how easy it was to vote early, I will likely do that from now on. But I will tell anyone who says it's "easy" to vote to get off their high-horse, because it has rarely been the case for me.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I just voted. No line. My ballot was LONG... maybe 10 pages. There was so much reading, and I didn't vote on 80% of the bills. Next time I'll get the questions beforehand so I can research them.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    If someone who looks authoritative claims you need a birth certificate to show you can vote, there are going to be people turned back. Some random guy tried that at my polling place two years ago (he seemed like he was only doing it to foreign-looking individuals), but he was told to leave the premises. I didn't see anyone leave because of that guy, but I wouldn't be surprized if that technique worked in the past.
    This is so wrong. Poeple who do this should really be executed. Voting is a fundamental right, and taking it away is the most anti American thing around.

I dunno, I really want to see people like this executed. I don't think they can be rehabilitated.

MBTI
    ESFJ

High voter turnout is a worryring development.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I voted over a week ago in WV!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Voted a couple of weeks ago in Indiana... I'm still in awe that we're a toss-up state this time!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

I voted this morning before work - the turnout seemed pretty good - between waiting and voting it took an hour, and from what the poll workers said, the line was actually shorter when I was there. Most people around here have been waiting about an hour and a half or so.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I voted for Obama.

I don't care about skin color, as long as both the president and vice president have penises.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Is anyone watching MSNBC right now? Could Palm Beach County possibly make their ballots any stupider? If there would be ANY place in the United States where it should be as simple as possible, it would be there. "Connect two boxes to make an arrow?"
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"