User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 136

  1. #71
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Also aren't you black? If so then I think it's crazy that here is an exceptional opportunity for our country to have the first black president are you're possibly voting for Grandpa?
    I can see the sentiment here, truly. When Hilary was running, a major pro of voting for her, in my mind, was that she'd be busting through one of the biggest glass ceilings women have ever known in this country, if not the biggest and most impregnable. There's nothing wrong with thinking that way, as long as you still vote for the person who you think is most qualified and the person you think will make the best changes. Or if you see both candidates as similarly suited for the job and that last factor pushes you in favor of one over the other.

    I guess I've always thought that racism and sexism were necessarily discriminatory and oppressive. Acknowledging that a minority being elected President would be a huge sign of progress in the fight AGAINST racism and/or sexism - I don't see that as racist or sexist. Probably the opposite, really. As FM said, you'd need to do better than to vote for someone solely on that basis, but I don't think Jen meant it that way, and I don't see anything wrong with making it a factor in your voting.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

  2. #72
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Wow, so he's supposed to vote for Obama because he's black. Jack is right, you are a racist and you don't even realize it.
    That is incorrect. I do not believe that one race is Superior to another, I do not discriminate anyone based of the color of a persons skin and have no hatred towards anyone let alone anyone with a different skin color to my own. However if jumping on the racist bandwagon makes you happy then by all means ride it till the end.

    edit: I suppose you missed this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

    As far as my original post in this thread, yes it's true I should have clarified that he is in my mind extremely qualified and happens to share your skin color so it strikes me as odd that you don't support him. I am not alone in this thought either.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    No one takes my advice. It's good stuff, really.

  4. #74
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No one takes my advice. It's good stuff, really.
    I didn't know you gave out advice, Jack.

    I always viewed you more as a prop to my jokes. Kind of like a watermelon to Gallagher

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I didn't know you gave out advice, Jack.

    I always viewed you more as a prop to my jokes. Kind of like a watermelon to Gallagher
    Just because I'm the only one who gets them?

  6. #76
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    I answered your question, Jack! That's good enough. Jesus. Why don't I ever get any goddamn thanks?
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I answered your question, Jack! That's good enough. Jesus. Why don't I ever get any goddamn thanks?
    But I disagree, because I consider racism as assuming psychological traits or tendencies based on race alone.

    The advice I spoke of was "to apologize."

  8. #78
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Just because I'm the only one who gets them?
    FJs get too preoccupied with the word "bitch" to get my jokes.
    It's a classic case of looking at the trees and missing the forest.

    I'm like a misunderstood artist, except I can't draw.

  9. #79
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No one takes my advice. It's good stuff, really.
    You must have some sort of stigma attached to you because it seems odd that you weren't well received at your own types site.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  10. #80
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But I disagree, because I consider racism as assuming psychological traits or tendencies based on race alone.

    The advice I spoke of was "to apologize."
    I don't know if that's what Jen meant to say, but that's not the way I read it.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Similar Threads

  1. "Green" Energy Fails To Make The Grade
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2017, 12:40 AM
  2. what mental illnesses make people harder to type
    By prplchknz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
  3. Moving the furniture in. Making the place cozy.
    By Brendan in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:52 AM
  4. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO