User Tag List

First 4121314

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    Its well known in the financial markets that Obama would invest a lot more in NEW TECHNOLOGY alternative energy sources like solar, wind, etc... than McCain would.
    It's 'NEW TECHNOLOGY,' and therefore, it's much much better. If Obama is investing it, well then I want him to invest my money in it too (and yours! Mwhahahaha).

I mean, how can anyone reasonably argue that this is not a good thing? By all means, short alternative energy stocks if Obama wins if someone thinks alternative energy has no future...
    ERROR.

Nuclear and coal technology is all good to some degree for pragmatism. But what the hell? We are in the 21st century. Lets look forward to the future. I mean, why not talk about kerosene and whale fat too. or timber. Lets build Kerosene plants! lolz
    Yeah, exactly, I mean it's the 21st Century! That's almost the most recent century. Flying cars for everyone! Come on Obama, you can do it.

but in all seriousness, why is it so hard for a coal miner to also learn how to install solar panels? Or a lumberjack learning how to install wind towers? there should be some attention on that...
    Exactly. The only objection to alternative energy is that coalminers and lumberjacks can't install solar panels, but my friend Jim proved that wrong last week. Someone tell someone else, quick.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    ERROR.
    do you have reasoning behind that you would bet money on, or is it more of a political sentiment.

because it seems like what u are saying is more of a political sentiment because of the lack of explanation. or a vested self interest in traditional energy sources. which is fine by me. Thats something the market will decide on.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

do you have reasoning behind that you would bet money on, or is it more of a political sentiment.

because it seems like what u are saying is more of a political sentiment because of the lack of explanation.
    The performance of alternative energy stocks is not a good indicator of alternative energy's long-term economic viability, especially if they require government subsidies. So, your point is irrelevant in this discussion.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The performance of alternative energy stocks is not a good indicator of alternative energy's long-term economic viability, especially if they require government subsidies. So, your point is irrelevant in this discussion.
    i was talking more about immediate focus on it and the effects on that industry bc of the expectations. there's no way to know now for sure anything, other than the peak oil scenario won't be as armaggedon like as people believed years ago. and the prospects of long term alternative energy sources have improved.

MBTI
    ESFJ

because it seems like what u are saying is more of a political sentiment because of the lack of explanation. or a vested self interest in traditional energy sources. which is fine by me. Thats something the market will decide on.
    Okay, you got me! *raises hands with red paint on them* I have vested self-interest in traditional energy sources.

Not many people know this, but I own a small offshore oil rig. And so do most people who are against subsidising alternative energy sources. I think that traditional energy sources should be subsidised instead, because that would make them more efficient, right?

The 'ERROR' message was in response to the garbled structure of your sentence. I almost added 'INVALID SYNTAX' on the end. Hopefully my intent is now clearer.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    Okay, you got me! *raises hands with red paint on them* I have vested self-interest in traditional energy sources.

Not many people know this, but I own a small offshore oil rig. And so do most people who are against subsidising alternative energy sources. I think that traditional energy sources should be subsidised instead, because that would make them more efficient, right?

The 'ERROR' message was in response to the garbled structure of your sentence. I almost added 'INVALID SYNTAX' on the end. Hopefully my intent is now clearer.
    lolz

i have no idea if u are kidding or not, but yeah. so how do u get to own an oil rig. haha. how much money do u need... lolz

*disclaimer, i only trade futures and currencies, no stocks*