User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 136

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Jack why would thinking I'm an ESFJ be condescending? I'm not sure of your age, but you don't seem to realize that MBTI is an indicator and I believe you're putting too much stock in it. FM's response was well put but yours and Lateralus's (who labeled himself INFJ for the longest time) was nothing but accusatory. I really do believe that you enjoy a good scrap online because you are frustrated with your life and what better way to vent than smack at someone with words. Call me whatever type you wish as I personally think it's overrated, but if you're an expert on MBTI you'd know that INFJ's believe that they're right and everyone else is wrong. It's a conspiracy. You and Lateralus are out to get me.

    In closing, I am not a racist so shut it.
    My claim of near-psychic psychological perception could be considered condescending.

    Your above attempt at the same is...inexpert. I perceive first, then I pass rational judgment. You pass emotional judgment first, and observe second.

    What Lateralus labeled himself as is irrelevant. I typed him as ENTJ when his type wasn't listed.

    You are not a racist, so I should shut it? You have not engaged your Thinking function yet. The point is, you offended people, and I think you care.

    I have made the case for your being ESFJ in the Mistyped Members thread. This also explains our complete inability to agree on anything, because we despise everything one another stands for in life.

    MBTI defines motivation, so it has more merit in more applications than you seem to understand.

  2. #102
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'd wait to evaluate his actual progress... but I suppose you have already made up your mind.
    Now how would you get that idea ?
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  3. #103
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My claim of near-psychic psychological perception could be considered condescending.

    Your above attempt at the same is...inexpert. I perceive first, then I pass rational judgment. You pass emotional judgment first, and observe second.

    What Lateralus labeled himself as is irrelevant. I typed him as ENTJ when his type wasn't listed.

    You are not a racist, so I should shut it? You have not engaged your Thinking function yet. The point is, you offended people, and I think you care.

    I have made the case for your being ESFJ in the Mistyped Members thread. This also explains our complete inability to agree on anything, because we despise everything one another stands for in life.

    MBTI defines motivation, so it has more merit in more applications than you seem to understand.
    It's an indicator. Are you now the forum spokesperson? Surely you know you yourself at times come across as offensive?

    The only thing I care about being called a racist. It's a strong word that shouldn't be thrown around haphazardly. Again, you don't know me so quit making inaccurate assumptions.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    It's an indicator.
    Are you claiming that you have a more intimate understanding of the subject of type study than I? It sounds as if you are. I want to make sure you know more about it than I do.

    Unless you don't really know much about it, and shouldn't claim to have a complete understanding of what it is, and what it's useful for.

    Option one, or option two?

  5. #105
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Jack why would thinking I'm an ESFJ be condescending? I'm not sure of your age, but you don't seem to realize that MBTI is an indicator and I believe you're putting too much stock in it. FM's response was well put but yours and Lateralus's (who labeled himself INFJ for the longest time) was nothing but accusatory. I really do believe that you enjoy a good scrap online because you are frustrated with your life and what better way to vent than smack at someone with words. Call me whatever type you wish as I personally think it's overrated, but if you're an expert on MBTI you'd know that INFJ's believe that they're right and everyone else is wrong. It's a conspiracy. You and Lateralus are out to get me.
    Heh, type has nothing to do with any of this. And I've never, ever thought I was anything close to an INFJ. I previously typed myself as ENFP. Gaffes like this make me wonder how much you actually know about what's going on.

    I'm not out to get you. You just make poor arguments. There are other people who make poor arguments, but you do it in such a condescending way that you're just asking for a response. You make yourself a target. I'm not surprised that you don't get it, though. In fact, I would be surprised if you did get it.

    In closing, I am not a racist so shut it.
    You are. Everyone is, to varying extents. Your understanding of the concept is flawed.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #106
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    We've already had an entire thread about the difference between "racist" and "bigot." They aren't the same things. This, however, is pretty tiresome.

    Oh, and I see almost nothing to suggest that young people or the middle-class and lower-middle-class would be demonstrably better off under Obama rather than under McCain. That is partisan wishful thinking.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #107
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm not out to get you. You just make poor arguments. There are other people who make poor arguments, but you do it in such a condescending way that you're just asking for a response. You make yourself a target. I'm not surprised that you don't get it, though. In fact, I would be surprised if you did get it.
    I wasn't trying to make an argument (I'll leave that to those who are bored) I was merely wondering why Risen wasn't supporting Obama. It's obvious you and I think differently but I don't see where it needs to be snarky by saying you would be surprised if I "did" get it as if to suggest I'm not too bright.


    You are. Everyone is, to varying extents. Your understanding of the concept is flawed.
    I disagree.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I was merely wondering why Risen wasn't supporting Obama.
    Risen has been fairly vocal about why he doesn't support Obama. And insanely wrong though I think he is, I'd prefer that he votes his conscience than voting based on race alone.

    We did already have a tremendous and interesting thread on this topic, though.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #109
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    OMG, is this guy serious!?
    Unfortunately that's exactly what I thought of you when I noticed this post. Do you actually believe that the average person cannot distinguish between someone's subjective perception and the truth. I would expect more from someone who claims to dominate with Ti in knowing first and foremost that everyone has their opinion, that much of what we refer to as journalism during this campaign is actually spins and take anything regardless of political ideology with a grain of salt. Most of all Ti dominant types are suppose to have a high degree of respect for intellectual integrity.

  10. #110
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Unfortunately that's exactly what I thought of you when I noticed this post. Do you actually believe that the average person cannot distinguish between someone's subjective perception and the truth. I would expect more from someone who claims to dominate with Ti in knowing first and foremost that everyone has their opinion, that much of what we refer to as journalism during this campaign is actually spins and take anything regardless of political ideology with a grain of salt. Most of all Ti dominant types are suppose to have a high degree of respect for intellectual integrity.
    At the same time I question whether you have any intillectual integrity at all if you would vote for someone who spouts as much economically suicidal BS as he does. Yet, I will assume that you care not about such things, and secretly (or overtly) care more about the man's charisma and his mantic promises for change. Such a lapse in logic, judgement, and discernment has no place in this world. *And yes, I am making an assumption and I am making a judgement. *

    There isn't a damn thing subjective about what the man has said. It's a quote. IT IS A BLATANT QUOTE. You cannot argue words, you can only argue the meaning. I defy you to argue the meaning of what he says, or what his cap and trade plan is. Don't sit on your keyboard and attack me for shitting on your "Obama is our saviour parade." Don't come at me like a bunch of retarded bipolar polar bears if you don't have an ounce of information to contribute as a counterargument, only your own personal BS. You want to see dominant TI? Bring it to the table your damn self with some facts, and stop bitching at me for doing nothing more than stating the facts in my opening piece.

Similar Threads

  1. "Green" Energy Fails To Make The Grade
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2017, 12:40 AM
  2. what mental illnesses make people harder to type
    By prplchknz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
  3. Moving the furniture in. Making the place cozy.
    By Brendan in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:52 AM
  4. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO