User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    ... Also, GM is one of the world leaders in electric car technology. Fully electric cars aren't very popular yet, but new high-performance ones are starting to sell to the very wealthy end of environmentally conscious consumers.....
    What I want to know is, why is going fast a reason to buy an electric car?

I've read about some of the high-performance electric cars, namely the one designed and built by Tesla Motors. The problematic unpopularity of electric cars is the result from not only the cost to buy one, but also the battery/motor reliability and overall safety issues.

I'm all for the idea of electric cars, I would like cleaner air to breath, and less noise pollution. I would also like to see more effort towards the development of electric highway transports, and nuclear powered freight liners, trains, and possibly airplanes...

All I see happening from this merger is a money grabbing, Corporate N. America takeover.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    What I want to know is, why is going fast a reason to buy an electric car?

I've read about some of the high-performance electric cars, namely the one designed and built by Tesla Motors. The problematic unpopularity of electric cars is the result from not only the cost to buy one, but also the battery/motor reliability and overall safety issues.

I'm all for the idea of electric cars, I would like cleaner air to breath, and less noise pollution. I would also like to see more effort towards the development of electric highway transports, and nuclear powered freight liners, trains, and possibly airplanes...

All I see happening from this merger is a money grabbing, Corporate N. America takeover.
    It's not "money-grabbing" so much as "money-hemorrhage-stopping," and that might not even work. The Big 3 American car manufacturers are barely breathing, and they pretty much rely on the government and constant renegotiation with unions to survive. I say, "Let them die."

Oh, people didn't want to switch to electric cars in the old days because they could barely get to highway speed limits, which sucks. If you are wealthy enough to afford a Ferrari, Maserati, Maybach, etc., but you want something more environmentally friendly, why would you compromise and get a crappy electric car that can't go very far between recharges? And really, a better change to stop global warming and air pollution would be phasing out coal-fired electricity generation, which is actually a bigger problem than are gasoline-powered combustion engines (which are relatively inefficient and will be obsolete in the medium term, anyway).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's really annoying when people have this attitude toward business. If businesses don't turn a profit, they go bankrupt. Where did all this animosity come from? Why is profit such a dirty word now?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

... The Big 3 American car manufacturers are barely breathing, and they pretty much rely on the government and constant renegotiation with unions to survive. I say, "Let them die."...
    I agree!

... Why would you compromise and get a crappy electric car that can't go very far between recharges?
    I'm not in a hurry, and my average commute is about 45-50Km a week. I'm actually considering the purchase of an electric moped with a 60-65Km range for about $1500 new...

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm not in a hurry, and my average commute is about 45-50Km a week. I'm actually considering the purchase of an electric moped with a 60-65Km range for about $1500 new...
    And I am sure that makes sense for you, but if you were a millionaire who could afford any car you wanted, wouldn't you want a high-performance electric or hybrid car? I'd love a Tesla Roadster, especially if they get the maximum distance between recharges up from @400 miles to something closer to 1,000.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"