User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    They haven't talked about immigration at all, either.
    I am not that surprised about that. That was a BS, chimerical issue in 2004 and 2006. Both major party candidates this year were pro-comprehensive immigration reform. It was a little surprising that people in New Mexico who favored a path to citizenship were so pro-Obama, given McCain's bona fides on that issue, but American voters are wonderfully perverse.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You know what has surprised me the most? The almost complete lack of mentioning of the war the last few months.
    So long as the the "Surge" strategy continues to pay dividends, the negative impact of the war is mostly "sunk costs" now; on a going forward basis, a premature withdrawal would be too costly in terms of reputation, morale, and strategic objectives to make up for the money that would be saved. The war was already a non-issue for most undecided voters well before the economic meltdown.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm surprised you were surprised, being that you're ENTJ. But I digress.

It's old news, and tbh, economics is responsible for most political preferences.
    ENTJ or not, it's funny that something that was SUCH a big issue during the High Bush years fell by the wayside. I guess it was an underlying issue in the primaries, in that the anti-war Democrat beat the initially-pro-war Democrat, but it's been all economy and change, all the time.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

ENTJ or not, it's funny that something that was SUCH a big issue during the High Bush years fell by the wayside. I guess it was an underlying issue in the primaries, in that the anti-war Democrat beat the initially-pro-war Democrat, but it's been all economy and change, all the time.
    They'll take the best news they can get. When it comes to decision time, aka election, it's all about teh moneys.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    They'll take the best news they can get. When it comes to decision time, aka election, it's all about teh moneys.
    2004 wasn't, but I think you're usually right.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I am not that surprised about that. That was a BS, chimerical issue in 2004 and 2006. Both major party candidates this year were pro-comprehensive immigration reform. It was a little surprising that people in New Mexico who favored a path to citizenship were so pro-Obama, given McCain's bona fides on that issue, but American voters are wonderfully perverse.
    I'm not surprised that it was pushed aside, but it was NOT a chimerical issue. You obviously don't live in a border state.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

When republican voters are all alone discuting in front of their computer screens, one might wonder where have vanished the democrat voters...

Are they already partying in the streets?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I went to get an anticipatory glass of Madeira and chat with my dad about election returns for a bit..... and am spending WAY too much time obsessively watching returns for states on a county by county basis

(answering Blackmail!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I'm genuinely curious. Please avoid use of:

he's not McCain
    he's not a Republican
    he must be better than Bush
    he's charismatic/young/black/etc

The overwhelming majority of people I know support Obama but it's pretty much only based on the above list. I'm curious about other reasons why people support him. Political history? Economic stance? Etc
    Keirsey, I believe, pegged him as an INTJ. (There's a reason to support him! )

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I support Barack Obama because I think that he will do everything he can to improve the welfare of lower and middle classes.

He will encourage highly academically qualified young men and women to work hard and attend college- not everyone gets that motivation, I am lucky to come from a middle-class family which strongly emphasized education. I was tested as having very high intellectual abilities as a young child and was encouraged to make education a top focus of mine so that I could go to a great college. I am there now. I think Obama's plan will make it easier for my family to afford college. I don't think McCain even knows the reasons why we must do this, the Republicans will still probably appeal to SJs and those pesky INTJs .

I think he will improve our international relations which is a must. Now that Obama has won the election, we won't be seeing British magazines post on the cover, "How could 50 million Americans be so dumb?". Change won't happen over night but I think Obama will do everything he can in his power to help the American people. Most of his money comes from supporters and not from lobbyists, he has made it clear that he is a man of the people. He ran a very effective campaign, if his term as President is as effective and positive as his campaign, I think he will make a wonderful President.

I am so happy!!! Now, all we have to do is convince him to legalize marijuana and my life will be perfect!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx