User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

With Obama leeping PA, the only significant Kerry state under attack, and taking Ohio, that right there made me pronounce Obama the winner. Someone would only need every Kerry state plus Ohio to win. What's left for McCain to steal? California?

Everything Obama gets from this point on is only interesting as a matter of novelty. For instance, can he turn Virginia blue for the first time since the 60s? We'll see, we'll see...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The I told you so potential of this situation is enough to make me squirm with glee.... plus, any chance to celebrate, no matter HOW minor, should be taken!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well, for 80% of the world population, "bleak" is probably not the proper word.

But I'll try to stay as neutral as I can till the results are really over.
    The tribe I care about is the real America. The Constitutional America. The Jeffersonian America. It's dying.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Indiana's getting closer and closer to jumping over to the blue side... I've got my fingers crossed!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    With Obama leeping PA, the only significant Kerry state under attack, and taking Ohio, that right there made me pronounce Obama the winner. Someone would only need every Kerry state plus Ohio to win. What's left for McCain to steal? California?

Everything Obama gets from this point on is only interesting as a matter of novelty. For instance, can he turn Virginia blue for the first time since the 60s? We'll see, we'll see...
    Interestingly, his margin of victory won't even come close to Reagan's in 1980.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I attribute that to modernization and free access to information...That is to say, if we were living in 1980 with the same political/economic situations, Obama would win by a landslide. Misinformation/manipulation was easier.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Or Nixon's in 1972...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESFJ

You know what has surprised me the most? The almost complete lack of mentioning of the war the last few months.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You know what has surprised me the most? The almost complete lack of mentioning of the war the last few months.
    I'm surprised you were surprised, being that you're ENTJ. But I digress.

It's old news, and tbh, economics is responsible for most political preferences.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They haven't talked about immigration at all, either.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."