First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    ....What I did like about the Obama infomercial is that it stayed away from McCain and Palin.30 minutes without a negative campaign ad was refreshing
    Yes, I think dismissing it as fluff is a big mistake and typical NT hubris. I haven't seen someone stick so unswervingly to the personal vision, and know how to articulate and communicate that vision so well to the listeners. I also haven't seen as strongly someone have a general broad vision that drives policy like this and be able to interface so easily with people and be a figurehead; comparisons to FDR or someone are probably appropriate.

I mean, the last eight years = no vision. All reactive at best, and what vision existed was dogmatic, inflexible, single-purposed and had little to do with the daily American interests at home. There's a reason that Obama can command the crowds he does.

I thought the infomercial, whether it was simply revealing the honest vision of the candidate in a way that inspires people, or simply as a piece of effective media marketing, was pretty brilliant. And he had the money -- strategically, you might as use it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I haven't seen someone stick so unswervingly to the personal vision, and know how to articulate and communicate that vision so well to the listeners. I also haven't seen as strongly someone have a general broad vision that drives policy like this and be able to interface so easily with people and be a figurehead; comparisons to FDR or someone are probably appropriate.
    Another thing that impresses me about Obama is his determination to win -- and win big -- as himself. When he was a kid he went by the name Barry. An American with national political ambitions has an easier time of it with a vanilla name like Barry, but Obama is determined to win -- or lose -- as Barack Hussein Obama. As himself.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Another thing that impresses me about Obama is his determination to win -- and win big -- as himself. When he was a kid he went by the name Barry. An American with national political ambitions has an easier time of it with a vanilla name like Barry, but Obama is determined to win -- or lose -- as Barack Hussein Obama. As himself.
    That's why anything he does that could be labeled "slick" I still don't see as political contrivance. He could make life much easier for himself in many ways, but doesn't... so I'm not apt to read the other things as mere "production" either.

I know a small group of people who all have assigned themselves the middle name "Hussein" online in their sig files in support. It's sort of amusing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's why anything he does that could be labeled "slick" I still don't see as political contrivance. He could make life much easier for himself in many ways, but doesn't... so I'm not apt to read the other things as mere "production" either.

I know a small group of people who all have assigned themselves the middle name "Hussein" online in their sig files in support. It's sort of amusing.
    Ed "Hussein" Coaching. Hmmm
    edcoaching

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I liked this commercial.
    I agree with Obama's focus on the people who really need help.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    enfp

wow. first time i saw this...

really reminds me of the time i spent in the midwest. there was a lot of cool people i met there...