User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why is Obama ahead of McCain in the polls?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because America is so full of ignorant sheep who need a charismatic leader to make them feel good.

9 69.23%
  • His middle name is Hussein, and another Hussein didn't get along with Bush.

8 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    "So good?" That's another story. The reason for my preference has to do with approving of several of his decisions in office, and vehemently disapproving of everything Obama stands for.
    do u have examples?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'll give you one small example which has affected me directly, just to humor you. Thanks to Bush letting the bogus "Assault Weapons Ban/1994 Crime Bill" sunset, and he could easily have brought it back from the dead (Even Bush Sr. signed advocated some silly gun control legislation), I can have the factory-specified 15 round magazines for my Glock at retail price, instead of paying $70 for pre-1994-built mags. It's obvious that if Obama had his way, no one in the country would be able to own a handgun at all (If you don't believe me, look up his history on the subject). It's a subject I feel very strongly about for several reasons, most importantly that I really don't want the government taking away our rights to defend ourselves, because the government does a reckless, shitty job of it.

[youtube=kBHkMADXnOw] Obama on Guns [/youtube]

That is all.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

YouTube - BARACK OBAMA BUSTED FOR LYING ABOUT SUPPORTING HAND GUN BAN

YouTube - Obama on Gun Control

This one's great, he justifies his support of the Washington D.C. Handgun Ban by talking about getting "illegal" guns off the street. Yeah, they'll all be illegal if he has his way:

YouTube - Obama's True Handgun Stance

Obama's gun-control history in the Illinois Senate | Spero News

For fun:

YouTube - Obama Wants More Gun Restrictions

Lol, that first vid, at the end the guys says "why doesn't he say that his stance has changed", which he has, as I showed.

And Lol at the rhetorical bias of that article: "The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be. "

you believe what you want to.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Obama might increase gun restrictions but with all the controversy Bush has had on issues related to freedom and civil liberties and the Constitution, it would be hard for Obama to top that in 8 years.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Lol, that first vid, at the end the guys says "why doesn't he say that his stance has changed", which he has, as I showed.
    He's obviously pandering and backtracking because he wants to get elected, not because his ideals changed. Give him the power he so desperately craves, and you may find his verbalizations becoming more in line with his real desire.

you believe what you want to.
    You too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You too!
    The difference is that I wouldn't judge a politician on 1 issue alone where his position isn't clearly definied. Look at McCain, theres an equal amount of deception there regarding switching stances to appeal to people, etc. Each side condemns each other for the delusions that they themselves hold as well. It's all stupid, we can't believe anything either of the candidates say, so why care at all? What do we believe? Do we judge them on what they used to do or what they say now? Because the two are incompatible.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Because I like to think I can tell what they really stand for as opposed to how they campaign. The difference is huge for most candidates, these two not excepted. McCain has to pander to the far right, and I don't care for it, but I understand it.