User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who/What is mostly to blame for McCain's decline in the polls?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama's financial advantage

    0 0%
  • Palin's performace

    2 6.90%
  • McCain for picking an inexperienced and underqualified Palin.

    8 27.59%
  • The economy

    12 41.38%
  • Dysfunction and bad communcation in the McCain campaign and the RNC

    2 6.90%
  • Obama

    1 3.45%
  • The McCain campaign going too negative

    4 13.79%
First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    The economy, his personality, Sarah Palin, the lack of any perceived options besides Obama, and a lackluster campaign.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #32
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The options are biased the other way. If there were equally skewed options on the other side, it would be more realistic.

    Seriously, does no one else see this? ARE YOU ALL BLIND
    lol, jack, maybe the political threads aren't for you...

    Why do you honestly think McCain has been down in the poll averages lately?

  3. #33
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    his personality
    A John McCain from the year 2000 would be doing a lot better. Back when he had a soul.

    For a Republican, he has an alright personality.

  4. #34
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Maybe those polls are one reason for his decline in the polls.
    I wouldn't complain.

    Probably part of the reason he might have closed some gap is because of polls about how he is closing the gap.

    Sometimes it's sunny, sometimes it rains, but no one has much justification to bitch about the weather -- it usually evens out in time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #35
    Senior Member NoahFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    A John McCain from the year 2000 would be doing a lot better. Back when he had a soul.

    For a Republican, he has an alright personality.
    Well now, it's funny you say that...Rick Savage apparently sees Obama as having no soul.

    As for an alright personality...how could you possibly know? He takes off mask, after mask, after mask, and still has nothing but masks.

    The saddest part of this is that up until he actually started running for office, and I saw how he flipflopped all over the place and started the same old crap that Bush put us through all over again, I actually thought he was a Republican I could point to as being great. I disagreed with his same old trickle-down philosophy but I thought he was genuine, at least. His behavior in the last six months or so, though, has flushed my opinion of him down the toilet.

    And no, not because he's attacking My Mesiah Obama, I expect that...like the greeks being appreciative of a strong enemy, for bringing out their best...what I don't like is how he's going about it, and how he's compromised what he claimed to be his own strong beliefs in order to garner votes...as far as I'm concerned, he tried to save money on a manicure by lopping off his hand at the wrist, and no way do I want someone like this in the oval office.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

  6. #36
    respect the brick C.J.Woolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Goddamn it, you fail at reading my mind. It's loaded primarily the poll options don't include "Because America is full of ignorant sheep who need a charismatic leader to make them feel good." So to speak.
    Were you saying that about Bush in 2004? Just wondering.

    Present-day America is proof that parallel universes exist.

  7. #37
    Senior Member NoahFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Yeah Bush said he'd give this country a new direction, but what he really gave us was a nude erection.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

  8. #38
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    I got this in an email this morning:

    28 Oct 2008 08:35 am
    They Can't Even Do Fear Right

    Via Eric Martin, the problem with the GOP's anti-Obama message:

    ...once you've made a narrative choice, you do have to stick with it - you can't just keep bouncing around, or people become confused. If you are telling the story of a scary vampire, you can't decide in chapter 2 that he's also 500 feet tall and radioactive and bent on destroying Tokyo, in chapter 3 that he is actually a giant man-eating shark, and in chapter 4 that he is all this and a super-terrorist trying to plant a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. All of these things are, indeed, scary, but taken together they add up to a muddle.

    This is the problem. It's not just the McCain campaign's problem - although their inability to pick a narrative and stick to it is a special kind of inexcusable - it's a problem for the entire wingnut noise machine. Obama is a Marxist Muslim Arab Jesus Black White Terrorist Technocrat Racist Do-Gooder Liberal FDR Stalin Hilter Commie Fascist Gay Womanizing Naive Cynical Insider Noob Boring Radical Unaccomplished Elite Slick Gaffe-Prone Pedophile Pedophile-Seducing Liberation Theology Atheist Etc. & Anti-Etc. with a bunch of scary friends from - wait for it! - the Nineteen Hundred And Sixties. It makes no sense. It's a jumble sale of fears and scary associations from 50 years of wingnut witch hunts and smear campaigns, a flea market of pre-owned and antique resentments, and if one does detect a semi-consistent 1960's motif running through it all, that's because that's when most of these ideas were coined.

    The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (October 28, 2008) - They Can't Even Do Fear Right
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #39
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Hey, I haven't heard anything about Obama being a womanizer. Frankly, if he didn't have two daughters, I'd find it hard to believe that he is even a sexual being. He's like some type of Homo Politicus.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. [Ti] TP's: What is it like for you to use Fe in service to Ti?
    By greenfairy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 08:17 PM
  2. [Enne] Self-Doubt: What is it Like for You?
    By Animal in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
  3. [ENFJ] What is depression like for ENFJs?
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
  4. [Fi] What is Fi like for you?
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 11:33 AM
  5. What is your number for the sake of your loved one?
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO