First 4121314

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    He hates his mama and half himself?
    I was referring to Reverend Wright if you can read. I didn't say Obama being the member of such a church and in such company makes OBAMA a racist. Again, you guy hear only what you want to hear.

Lets see if he yells loud enough for you to hear.

YouTube - Obama Preacher Jeremiah Wright "Clinton Never called Nigga"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    You certainly see only what you want to see my friend.

Everyone here who has been willing to objectively look at the man Barack Obama knows the same thing that I do.
    Do you actually re-read your post before officially submitting it?

Maybe your taste is more aligned in the "ironic self-deprecation" department?

Those charges are legitimate, it's just the the supporters want to ignore the facts like they ignore every other fact they don't like up to and including the religious beliefs of others. So I wonder what makes everyone on the opposite side of the fence of people like you so bad and hateful when you yourself practice the same thing for a different purpose.
    See your first sentence for a great rebuttal.

In terms of my personal beliefs, they're neither here-nor-there as it applies to the context of your offered point. It might interest you to know that my beliefs are likely less foreign than you suppose.

If it is one thing I have seen throughout this election, it is the first hand account of the true kings of hypocrisy, inconsistency, and double standards the people on the far left really are.
    Why do you assume I'm on the left? Perhaps my issue is more personalized in that I think your wildly inaccurate assumptions do more to dissuade folks from the educated right?

If I'm wrong, prove it. Don't attack me, prove it. Don't give me your emotion, give me logos. Attack a person's faith in the nonfactual with facts rather than with your own equally nonfactual beliefs and opinions which are nothing more than your own subjective view of the world.
    I did. Your retort did more to assert the bottom line of my previous post.

Thanks.

Do not assume what what I believe religiously/spiritually. The fact that you would assume shows a lack of maturity in how you label people.
    I'm not sure if I like this line more than your first...

Thanks again for the softballs...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was referring to Reverend Right if you can read. I didn't say Obama being the member of such a church and in such company makes OBAMA a racist. Again, you guy hear only what you want to hear.

Lets see if he yells loud enough for you to hear.

YouTube - Obama Preacher Jeremiah Wright "Clinton Never called Nigga"
    I would think that you may wish to learn to spell the Reverend Wright's name correctly if you're going to keep refering to him

and Feingold totally kicks Obama's ass around the liberal block if you're looking for a REAL liberal senator

*and yes, I still miss Sen. Wellstone *
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Your extreme theistic (not even sure I'd classify you as a theist...) undertone is negatively coloring your ability to offer on-point political opinion.

Why would religious affiliation have anything to do with effectiveness as a leader?
    If you were one of the the people in this thread touting how bad Bush is because of his Christian faith then I would've been going right back to the point about hypocrisies and double standards I made in my previous post, but I see that I mistook you for someone else.

And again, You have assumed I somehow hold theist beliefs, based on what I said. I assumed you had left leanings, based on what you said. Aside from the bits of sarcasm that went unnoticed as such, just call it a draw.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

If you were one of the the people in this thread touting how bad Bush is because of his Christian faith then I would've been going right back to the point about hypocrisies and double standards I made in my previous post, but I see that I mistook you for someone else.

And again, You have assumed I somehow hold theist beliefs, based on what I said. I assumed you had left leanings, based on what you said. Aside from the bits of sarcasm that went unnoticed as such, just call it a draw.
    You seemed pretty aggressive when you presumed I was on the left...

Now that you believe my standards are Conservative, you want to shake hands...?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You seemed pretty aggressive when you presumed I was on the left...

Now that you believe my standards are Conservative, you want to shake hands...?
    I was aggressive because I thought you were one of the people being aggressive toward religious people on this forum. Based on that I drew the conclusion that you would adhere to the political left since it is common knowledge that most atheists (offensively antisemitic or not) seem to gravitate to the democrat party. It is my own anecdotal experience that people who show an illogical aggression towards the religious, and particularly Christians, have been democrats in my experience. Whether or not you are more conservative than that, I do not know. You haven't shown me anything to make me think otherwise. Yet I'm always willing to shake hands and form discussions on issues rather than rhetoric and personal misfires. If you'd rather stay in discord then so be it, but I have no interest in that sort of discussion.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

It's easier to fight if you see who you're fighting, isn't it?

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

It's easier to fight if you see who you're fighting, isn't it?

More like it's easier to fight if there is a viable REASON to fight.

I don't believe in trying to make my points and voice my opinions in ways that arouse people to lash back, unless I think such arousal is needed to to shake up their own tightly held perspective on an issue. If someone actually chooses to address my stance on an issue, and throws arguments of real substance at me, then I will always stand back and reassess my own thinking with consideration of what the other person has said. Whether I hold the same view in the end depends if my argument has been struck by something of greater strength. In this case I learned not to engage in assumption based discussions., and duly note when I'm being sarcastic.