• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why people pray and go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

How often you go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

• Few times a week

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Once a week

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Few times a month

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Once a month

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Few times a year

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Major holidays only

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Never

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • I will never go

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
True prayer is communion with G-d.
If you are just doing N, you could call that meditating, but you really shouldn't assume it's true prayer.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True prayer is communion with G-d.
If you are just doing N, you could call that meditating, but you really shouldn't assume it's true prayer.

Who can say that your definition of prayer is a correct one?

In the case you are talking to me I would not call my case meditation because there is a way too much math/science involved.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Who can say that your definition of prayer is a correct one?

In the case you are talking to me I would not call my case meditation because there is a way too much math/science involved.
You think you are praying when you are thinking about math and science?
Why wouldn't that just be called thinking?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I see that we have a problem with communication.

Cimarron said that prayer is his N time and then I have said that in that case I pray for hours every day since I live in my head.

Cimarrion and I often have S-N conversations.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Prayer connotes an object at the receiving end. Meditation doesn't require a recipient.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My question is, to all those people who do pray and attend worship services, why do so many of you perform these actions thoughtlessly? Why is it the case that you simply do not know what you're doing?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My question is, to all those people who do pray and attend worship services, why do so many of you perform these actions thoughtlessly? Why is it the case that you simply do not know what you're doing?

Habit. Tradition. Also, your statement is rather presumptuous, though I could be misinterpreting. As if religious feeling is something rather ridiculous.

S

Sniffles

Alright boys and girls, let's play another round of Spot the Logical Fallacy.

Who can spot the logical fallacy used in this statement? Anybody?

Yes Jimmie?

The Loaded Question?

You are correct!

Thank you all for playing. Join us again for another exciting round.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's the main problem with BlueWing's fetish for logic. It means he must be bound by its rules or risk revealing himself as inconsistent or (worse) biased.

At any rate, I think I know what he's driving at.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He said the opposite of that. He said that what he does must not be prayer, because what he does involves so much math and science. (I think)

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

:rolli:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Dear God,

Please help me be tolerant towards the intolerant and patiently overlook the lack of logic by the "logical."

Amen :jesus:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bluewing, I tried rephrasing your question. Did I retain its meaning and intent?
Bluewing said:
My question is, to those people who do pray and attend worship services thoughtlessly (alternative: without a second thought), why do you do it?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Bluewing, I tried rephrasing your question. Did I retain its meaning and intent?

NO. It's lost some of it's insult value. :dont:

>.o But uhm.. For those who DO go to church with no real backbone to it all.. Mayhap it's a comfort factor? Something you grow up with tends to stick to you.. Like someone who feels more at home in a place with hard-wood floor, since they grew up with it or something. My attempt at answering this.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I see that on this forum some people say "I was brought up in the Church".

What does that actually mean?

Is this very simple or there is some deeper mensing to that.
(This is probably individual)

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I see that on this forum some people say "I was brought up in the Church".

What does that actually mean?

Is this very simple or there is some deeper mensing to that.
(This is probably individual)

It usually just means that someone went to church on a regular basis from the time they were little.