User Tag List

View Poll Results: How often you go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Few times a week

4 5.88%
  • Once a week

11 16.18%
  • Few times a month

2 2.94%
  • Once a month

1 1.47%
  • Few times a year

8 11.76%
  • Major holidays only

4 5.88%
  • Never

26 38.24%
  • I will never go

12 17.65%
First 61415161718 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Alright. btw, I'm not arguing or attacking you, I'm trying to understand so I ask questions. I dont go to INTPc so I don't know you at all. I'm just curious about how you feel about people who are religious and why. You said you despise superstition and you described the kinds of people who you felt would believe in superstition and why they do it. So you don't really despise the people who believe in superstition, just the superstition itself? I sense that you have ill feelings towards the people who believe too. Am I wrong?
    Even if you went to INTPc you wouldn't know me at all, I was banned there half an hour after i joined, it didn't affect me one bit, I laughed about it actually.

But people here keep bringing it up to piss me off probably, I donno, or to make me feel unwelcome. "you'll receive the same fate as you did at INTPc." said the big guy.

Yes you are wrong, I despise the institutions that were created to control the masses. Same could be said about Nazism or Bolshevism, but these movements died, and religions apparently never will.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Yes you are wrong, I despise the institutions that were created to control the masses. Same could be said about Nazism or Bolshevism, but these movements died, and religions apparently never will.
    I can understand this mentality in places where people don't have a choice but to practice a certain religion but do you feel the same way in places where people are free to choose to practice it on their own or not practice it and not be persecuted for that?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Any support, depends on ones' need.

The smarter you are, the higher education you get, the richer you become, the less likely you would seek to believe in a higher power. Because you would be able to fulfill your basic needs.

It's usually countries, infested by war, poverty, struggle, and illiteracy who have alarmingly high rates of religious people. These people need to believe in something else because their life is worthless, and that is hard to accept.
    Yes, this is unfortunate. God speaks about this, not needing Him because one is "okay" in life.
    But God ultimately holds your eternity in His hands and this attitude will backfire on those who have it.

Nihilen, let's be friends.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I can understand this mentality in places where people don't have a choice but to practice a certain religion but do you feel the same way in places where people are free to choose to practice it on their own or not practice it and not be persecuted for that?
    Need would differ in different societies.

In the societies you mentioned, people act usually instinctively according to Kierkegaard's leap of faith, and would rather choose an absurdity they need to believe in to create a meaning to their lives rather than logic.
    And that is either caused by weakness or ignorance.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Yes, this is unfortunate. God speaks about this, not needing Him because one is "okay" in life.
    But God ultimately holds your eternity in His hands and this attitude will backfire on those who have it.

Nihilen, let's be friends.
    Why would you want to be friends with somebody that is going to hell - according to your beliefs.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Why would you want to be friends with somebody that is going to hell - according to your beliefs.
    Goodness. God would give me a serious talking to if I thought I were above those who don't love/believe in Him. (I'm assuming you don't)

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Goodness. God would give me a serious talking to if I thought I were above those who don't love/believe in Him. (I'm assuming you don't)
    Good assumption.

But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ? I usually want what's best for my friends. And not burning in hell for eternity seems to me as better than the other alternative.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Good assumption.

But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ? I usually want what's best for my friends. And not burning in hell for eternity seems to me as better than the other alternative.
    I'm sure you're having a laugh at my expense, but never mind.

You know the Truth already.

The End, before you burn me again.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ?
    You would think that, sure, but a lot of people don't do it, don't approach things that way. My friends, for instance.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-01-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: explanation
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I'm sure you're having a laugh at my expense, but never mind.

You know the Truth already.

The End, before you burn me again.
    I was not. I was serious concerning my question.

Unless you have doubts regarding your faith, then I would understand why you wouldn't attempt to save me in a hypothetical friendship.