User Tag List

View Poll Results: How often you go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Few times a week

    4 5.88%
  • Once a week

    11 16.18%
  • Few times a month

    2 2.94%
  • Once a month

    1 1.47%
  • Few times a year

    8 11.76%
  • Major holidays only

    4 5.88%
  • Never

    26 38.24%
  • I will never go

    12 17.65%
First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 206

  1. #91
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yes. And what if someone considers them the same thing?
    Can you explain this?

  2. #92
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    When I engage in serious prayer, it's usually for focusing inward on what I need to improve about myself. "Need to" because I will burn in an eternal fire if I don't? Well, personally no. I tend to think that disappointing myself and ending up in disastrous situations that I know I could have avoided, and are therefore my fault, is kind of like a "lake of fire" punishment. It sounds a little melodramatic when you say it that way, though.

    You will notice that this basically amounts to a little "strategic planning session". For me, I guess that's what it is, dealing mainly with emotions and motives instead of numbers. Since that introspection is a strategy session for the most basic and fundamental pillars of my life (that's what prayer concerns, things like emotions and motives), it is important and meaningful enough that I may call it "spiritually fulfilling".

    I'm not really sure myself. I tried to describe it, so this is somewhat close.

    Edit: Maybe you could say that prayer is my N-time? Time that I privately devote to studying the big picture...that sounds right. That's how I treat "prayer", anyway. I just made that connection...
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-20-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: important connection
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  3. #93
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yes. And what if someone considers them the same thing?
    Then I'd say, more power to them, because such wonderful and useful things can be learned exclusively via intro and intraspecting.

    The more you know, understand and accept yourself the more you can then know, understand and accept everyone else.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #94
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I won't even become a member of the Church of Satan.

    Or the Church of Atheism, which exists, but atheists tend to be in denial about it.

  5. #95
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that someone hacked CC's account.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #96
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'm pretty sure that someone hacked CC's account.


    DOWN WITH ALL THE DIRTY, EVIL, DUMB-DUMB CHRISTIANS!!!!

    There, better???

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #97
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Okay . . . my bad.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  8. #98
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Edit: Maybe you could say that prayer is my N-time? Time that I privately devote to studying the big picture...that sounds right. That's how I treat "prayer", anyway. I just made that connection...
    I was thinking the same thing for a long time.
    Problably this is the truth when it comes to S and prayer.

  9. #99
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I was thinking the same thing for a long time.
    Problably this is the truth when it comes to S and prayer.
    It's a pretty fascinating conclusion. Hmm...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  10. #100
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It's a pretty fascinating conclusion. Hmm...
    What leads to conclusion that I am in a state to prayer for hours every day.




    But truth to be told I don't see how prayer can lead to understanding a big picture.

Similar Threads

  1. [Te] Why people don't like to talk about Te ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-29-2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Why don't bees go to heaven?
    By Rasofy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 01:52 AM
  3. should I go to church tonight or not?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:42 PM
  4. Those that go to church only on religious holidays
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO