• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Size

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am left thinking that some Tees - not all - lack the "technology" to detect "it." The stuck part is the closed mind and the need to prevail.

I hope this kickstarts the debate that fizzled out.

All your facts and figures count for little in discussing spirituality and actually detract from my focus.

I'll continue to read here but I am unable to debate the denial of spirituality. Heck, I'm unable to debate at all! I've been requested to keep the Eff out of it! :smile:

I don't see why you take this so personaly. Ok the word garbage probably sounded too harsh, what is probably because of bad translation.

You are right everything I have said was not debate about spirituality it was
negation of its existance and I really think that spiritual sphere does not exist.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
When discussing oppositional beliefs in religion, conversation is often anything but impersonal.

It's normal for people to invest their identity into the bookends of their life - where they came from; where they're going. Frequently, theism is brought into play as a governing force - not just in moral expression, but in daily habit -- What they say to others; their political beliefs; how they reconcile negative feelings.

It's therefore natural, Antisocial, for people to become testy when you poke at the legitimacy of this basic system of belief. More often that not, miscommunication between parties escalates once-friendly interchange into a philosophical fistfight.

For some, challenging personal belief is highly offensive - like spitting in the face of their way of life. Intent becomes obscured under charged emotion. Objectivity drops below zero...

To this end, I dislike "debating" religious perspective as it very often spirals into an exchange that becomes less about doctrine, and more about justifying personal choice. Theism is extremely captivating; finger-pointing isn't.

Not saying you need to agree with me/this is what necessarily happened between you and Anja. You seemed confused by Anja's response, so I thought I'd try to add some clarity.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't see why you take this so personaly.
She is an F.
They always do.
And just as often, they send it right back, usually in the form of projection.

I do not argue with her to correct her beliefs -- She refuses to be amended, and before we can accuse her of this, she says that it's on our heads. The heads of the Ts; that we're not perceptive enough to the obvious truth.

I suggest Anti-Social one, that if you prioritize winning a debate over diagramming a point for all to see, that you give up now. This isn't one that can be won.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
When discussing oppositional beliefs in religion, conversation is often anything but impersonal.

It's normal for people to invest their identity into the bookends of their life - where they came from; where they're going. Frequently, theism is brought into play as a governing force - not just in moral expression, but in daily habit -- What they say to others; their political beliefs; how they reconcile negative feelings.

It's therefore natural, Antisocial, for people to become testy when you poke at the legitimacy of this basic system of belief. More often that not, miscommunication between parties escalates once-friendly interchange into a philosophical fistfight.

For some, challenging personal belief is highly offensive - like spitting in the face of their way of life. Intent becomes obscured under charged emotion. Objectivity drops below zero...

To this end, I dislike "debating" religious perspective as it very often spirals into an exchange that becomes less about doctrine, and more about justifying personal choice. Theism is extremely captivating; finger-pointing isn't.

Not saying you need to agree with me/this is what necessarily happened between you and Anja. You seemed confused by Anja's response, so I thought I'd try to add some clarity.

I value the gesture.(I really do)

But I am aware of what happened it is just that I wanted to hear your words coming out of her. That was the point of my last reply.

Why?

Because I know that Ts can steamroll over her and even it this thread that happened. In the case that she gave me a reply that you did I would turn the entire thing into much deeper psychological T-F conversation which would be the foundation of another thread that I am about to start.

In the case you don't believe me I will understand.