User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default Animals as food and sexual partners

This will probably sound like a bad joke to some people but I think that we have philosophic problem here or illogicality in the best case.

For example goat has 5 little goats. You can kill those little goats one by one and consume them one by one. When you are done with that you can even kill grown-up goat.

But if you use a condom and try to have sex with it you need help.

Is it just me or this doesn't make any sense?

MBTI
    INTj

I think you need to elaborate.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I think you need to elaborate.

You can kill them on many different ways and all of them are brutal(more or less).
    But if you have sex with an amimal what usually means that animal will stay alive.But people will think that you have serious problems.
    Also if you have sex with an animal that is big enough you will not (probably) cause permanent damage.

For me this looks like something that does not make any sense.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    For me this looks like something that does not make any sense.
    It's built into the human psyche. Sex is the most refined of the evolutionary pressures, which would work against inter-species couplings... violence is also ingrained, but works with inter-species competition.

MBTI
    istp

Because that gives it an odd taste.

Plus if you rape a goat you're inflicting misery for pleasure, but if you kill it as humanely as possible you're minimizing the misery for the purpose of making a nice curry. You need food to stay alive, but you don't need to rape goats to live.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

It makes sense for some to have sex with an animal, those who are from the outskirts of society w/o human contact I guess.

I mean, people go as far as making out with plastic vaginas.. shove bottles up their anus, and go as far as eat fecal matter during sex while they pee on each other. I don't see how it wouldn't be impossible..

If we can resort to killing, we can also resort to several other barbarous acts. This poses a moral question.

The thought of killing an animal just is impossible for me. I couldn't do it. Maybe a spider that could potentially bite me, but vertebrates? I don't know... Makes me think of being vegetarian (although, I didn't know if I could really rough it out)!

MBTI
    INXP

Same reason that violence is increasingly, if not almost totally accepted as a cultural idea (eg cartoons for kids) but sexuality is still restricted.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

This is by far the most interesting thread title I have ever read on this site.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Same reason that violence is increasingly, if not almost totally accepted as a cultural idea (eg cartoons for kids) but sexuality is still restricted.
    Ummm, yeah, I don't think that's the case. Yes, sexuality is restricted. No, I don't think that the reason humans are against having sex with animals is merely that sexuality is restricted.

It is pretty normal for animals to eat animals--in terms of nature. It is not normal, in terms of nature, for a member of one species to have intercourse with another. Yes, dogs hump legs, but I presume that's just masturbatory.

I am against it because I think it's the same basic offense (I'm not talking about degrees of horrifying, really--just concepts) as having sex with a child. An animal cannot consent.

I also think it's kind of fucked up to say that somehow violation of anybody sexually is not a big deal.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Ummm, yeah, I don't think that's the case. Yes, sexuality is restricted. No, I don't think that the reason humans are against having sex with animals is merely that sexuality is restricted.

It is pretty normal for animals to eat animals--in terms of nature. It is not normal, in terms of nature, for a member of one species to have intercourse with another. Yes, dogs hump legs, but I presume that's just masturbatory.

I am against it because I think it's the same basic offense (I'm not talking about degrees of horrifying, really--just concepts) as having sex with a child. An animal cannot consent.

I also think it's kind of fucked up to say that somehow violation of anybody sexually is not a big deal.
    Well, we sorta agree, as I was driving at that, but didnt elucidate what I meant very well!

I was driving at sexuality being a much more sensitive subject generally.. and one in which a violation IS a big deal, and thus not acceptable.