User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

First I'd like to say my stance: I do NOT care nor do I want to know what people do in their personal time. The thought of having sex with an animal is disgusting to me for several reasons. I also have no qualms with killing, preparing, and eating animals. I have never been hunting, but I would have no problem with doing so. (Although I do dislike wasting animals)

With that said.. I agree with the fact that it's been engrained that one is considered interspecies taboo, and the other okay. I think that another big factor for me is that animals cannot use language.. Even if body language is taken into consideration, do we ever really know if the animal is consenting or not?

Although both based on moral values.. killing to eat is a seperate topic entirely from sex.

Edit: It's known as well that dogs of the same gender humping each other is a sign of dominance, so it's not entirely sexual in nature.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Because that gives it an odd taste.

Plus if you rape a goat you're inflicting misery for pleasure, but if you kill it as humanely as possible you're minimizing the misery for the purpose of making a nice curry. You need food to stay alive, but you don't need to rape goats to live.
    Ok, But if you are going to kill a goat during a day there is no logical reason not to rape this goat before its death if you are horny.

On the other hand you can have condom sex with a goat even if it isn't alive.

What is actualy more moral towards a goat but people will take it as even more bizarre idea.

Maybe you were right. Maybe my very low S actually makes more animal unfriendly

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You can kill them on many different ways and all of them are brutal(more or less).
    But if you have sex with an amimal what usually means that animal will stay alive.But people will think that you have serious problems.
    Also if you have sex with an animal that is big enough you will not (probably) cause permanent damage.

For me this looks like something that does not make any sense.
    Because killing and eating other creatures is/was a necessity. Beastiality is not.

MBTI
    istp

Ok, But if you are going to kill a goat during a day there is no logical reason not to rape this goat before its death if you are horny.
    Kill and rape two birds with one stone, eh? You're making a moral argument that it's better to have sex with an animal than to kill it because all ways of killing animals are brutal. This would make its death even more brutal.

What is actualy more moral towards a goat but people will take it as even more bizarre idea.

Maybe you were right. Maybe my very low S actually makes more animal unfriendly
    I have less of a problem with goat necrophilia than goat rape, because you're not causing pain - except to Jesus. But I don't see the appeal either way.
    No offense.

heart on fire

Plus if you rape a goat you're inflicting misery for pleasure, but if you kill it as humanely as possible you're minimizing the misery for the purpose of making a nice curry. You need food to stay alive, but you don't need to rape goats to live.
    +1

heart on fire

If someone gets horny from looking at a dead goat, I don't want them at my BBQ, condom or no condom!

violaine

You need food to stay alive, but you don't need to rape goats to live.
    Never were truer words spoken in the history of the world. lol.

MBTI
    ISTP

6sticks got it. Also, I'd argue the animal doesn't feel too much pain being hunted if you aim well...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    6sticks got it. Also, I'd argue the animal doesn't feel too much pain being hunted if you aim well...
    Slaughter houses wouldn't be as kind, in general.

No, Antisocial makes a good point. If we have no problem being cruel to animals on a massive scale, and animal brutality is nearly universal with humanity until trained otherwise, then it is illogical to separate rape on general principle.

Nor is it a requirement for us to kill animals anymore. We choose to kill animals, and we choose to kill them in inhumane ways.

The only reason we find it distasteful is because we are engineered that way, and/or are taught to find it distasteful.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

But is our engineering really flawed? I don't have any problem knowing that I grew up being taught that, and continuing to think that way myself.

In essence, you don't NEED to eat animals to live, this is true. Based on pure necessity, neither are up there. But it's natural for us to eat other animals to survive. It's not as natural for us to have sex with other species.. so our brains are engineered to think this way for the most part.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge