User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 209

  1. #31
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Why is that so 'obvious'?
    I think a lot of the people who would even consider things like atheism and agnosticism tend to be at least some what intellectually deep people. It's a deep concept.

    I would say however that with spiritual deepness and maybe even emotional deepness, people of faith probably have those things in great quantity than the average atheist.

    I was equating "deepness" with intellectualism, I could have been more specific.

  2. #32
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    To quote William Blake, "when I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."
    Sounds unprogressive to me. I like struggling to spread knowledge, even if it can be painful.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You can use your "N" to read between the lines of what this means, k?

    Your condescension is an insult to all good taste. It's somewhat self-sabotaging as well.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #33
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I think that an average theist and average atheist may go to the same extent of research into their belief or why they lack said belief. Non-intellectual theists can be (well, are) willingly ignorant of deep issues, and non-intellectual atheists are as well. Ignorance takes multiple forms, we're all guilty of it to some degree. I don't think an atheist can call him or herself an atheist unless they know the arguments and the issues, otherwise they are just as bad as the ignorant theists in my eyes. Knowledge or educated opinion in either opinion is superior to lack of knowledge.
    Being a theist is kind of a default position for many people, who are brought up into it. Most people aren't brought up to consider themselves atheists, so it implies some degree of personal intellectual and introspective thought when someone decides to be an agnostic/atheist.

  4. #34
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sounds unprogressive to me. I like struggling to spread knowledge, even if it can be painful.



    Your condescension is an insult to all good taste. It's somewhat self-sabotaging as well.
    Darling, I can find and procure at least 10 or 15 posts of yours where you, yes, DIRECTLY ATTACK ME. (The above, ironically, not being one of them).

    It has taken everything within me, (primarily pity), not to strike back at you.

    You have mastered the talent of being insulting under the moderator's radar, whereas I have not.

    Because I care more about this forum than I do not caring about you, you shall officially join the lone Wolf on my ignore list.

    Peace out MP.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #35
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Being a theist is kind of a default position for many people, who are brought up into it. Most people aren't brought up to consider themselves atheists, so it implies some degree of personal intellectual and introspective thought when someone decides to be an agnostic/atheist.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #36
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think a lot of the people who would even consider things like atheism and agnosticism tend to be at least some what intellectually deep people. It's a deep concept.

    I would say however that with spiritual deepness and maybe even emotional deepness, people of faith probably have those things in great quantity than the average atheist.

    I was equating "deepness" with intellectualism, I could have been more specific.
    So you're sort of putting intellectualism and agnosticism together and emotional/spiritual depth and theism together.
    That's interesting, that's exactly what God talks about, the one versus the other and which one He values above the other.
    Just sayin'
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  7. #37
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    So you're sort of putting intellectualism and agnosticism together and emotional/spiritual depth and theism together.
    That's interesting, that's exactly what God talks about, the one versus the other and which one He values above the other.
    Just sayin'
    Well there ya' go.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Actually, sorry I got that a bit wrong, I just meant intellectualism vs faith.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  9. #39
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    ...which is a whole different thread.

    ....a game of word association, anyone?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  10. #40
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well there ya' go.
    yeah, I forget about your divinity...
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Why Taiwan's relationship with Japan is so different from Korea's
    By Abendrot in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 06:26 AM
  3. Why Science is so Hard to Believe
    By Hard in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
  4. So, Why Are You Up So Early/Late?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO