First 1018192021 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    It's easy to say that God is just a big lie that naive humans follow, that it has become human nature to want to believe that there is a higher power than us, somewhere up there, because we can't face the fact that we are completely alone in this world. But maybe atheists should stop wallowing in their own negativity and open up to the fact that their 'could' be something instead of cutting themselves off completely because they don't want to be let down, or follow a false lead.

I find myself doing that a lot. I don't believe in the bible, but I don't call myself an Atheist because I'm still open to the idea that their could be something. There's still a certain amount of hope in me, maybe even my intuition telling me that there IS something.

I think do believe in reincarnation. I'm just currently deciding whether a human's never ending cycle is their families, that their DNA lives on in a child. (Because EVERYTHING is a cycle. Just look at nature, the earth rotating, the food chain, etc etc.)

But...I can still hope than humans DO reincarnate, and I never AM going to know until my time comes.
    Atheist don't KNOW that their isn't a God. As much as they would like to think.

I hope I don't sound too soppy. My logical side has gone to sleep, much like I should be doing now.....
    for the 89250329056329069032th time:

Very few atheists claim dogmatic certainty, atheism is not a religion, atheism doesn't require faith; most atheists have not made a 100% deductive decision that there is no God, they simply consider it improbable enough to not warrant serious consideration.

Unfortunately I'm still going to have to post this another 98425892895628952 times, but oh well, that's the way of the world I guess.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

If it can be asserted without proof, it can be dismissed without proof. God falls under this logic.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

If you want to say that everything out there is a completely random assembledge of chance...we just got lucky I suppose. I'm going to get back to my squirl-suit cliff diving; I'd like my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren to develop wings to be able to escape from the Giant Guinea Pigs of Death (or GGPDs) in the future...maybe I can find a giant bird to mate with so I can speed up the process...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I'm going to get back to my squirl-suit cliff diving; I'd like my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren to develop wings to be able to escape from the Giant Guinea Pigs of Death (or GGPDs) in the future...maybe I can find a giant bird to mate with so I can speed up the process...
    :eyeroll: That was so incredibly off-base, it's not even funny.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    for the 89250329056329069032th time:

Very few atheists claim dogmatic certainty, atheism is not a religion, atheism doesn't require faith; most atheists have not made a 100% deductive decision that there is no God, they simply consider it improbable enough to not warrant serious consideration.

Unfortunately I'm still going to have to post this another 98425892895628952 times, but oh well, that's the way of the world I guess.

Woah, get your numbers right!!!
    <3

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Explain the base. I've got Ti too somewhere in here...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

The base is linearity. I will choose to rather point it out than go through the droll of explaining it.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

I would assume or presume and propose that only 1 in 4 atheists are actually aware of what they believe in, leaving 3 in 4 who have no idea what they're doing, thinking or talking about. 75% of atheists could turn out to be monks on lsd. Kind of like Catholicism or Protestantism or Hinduism or Islam(minus the lsd) or Buddhism or PETA or Grannies for Guns or the Fetus Bombers.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I would assume or presume and propose that only 1 in 4 atheists are actually aware of what they believe in, leaving 3 in 4 who have no idea what they're doing, thinking or talking about.
    I would disagree. However, I would say that many people who define themselves as Atheist, are really more Agnostic, or just literally don't care.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I would disagree. However, I would say that many people who define themselves as Atheist, are really more Agnostic, or just literally don't care.
    I would say that many atheists are agnostic and most agnostics are atheists. Most atheists/agnostics fail to express their opinions any deeper than "I don't believe there is a god" or "It can't be known whether or not there is a god". There's plenty of secondary labels for both atheists and agnostics. I encourage everyone to find the label that fits them best to clarify their views. If you can't find a label that fits you, try harder or create one.

<---model agnostic
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”