User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • High intelligence - Low creativity

47 35.88%
  • Low intelligence - High creativity

84 64.12%
First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hmm, if I really had to choose (although I don't like the choice), I'd pick high intelligence. I'd lose out on producing anything memorable or inspiring but I would be able to figure out how to live happily and not get screwed over or starve while I was busy creating.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Hmm, if I really had to choose (although I don't like the choice), I'd pick high intelligence. I'd lose out on producing anything memorable or inspiring but I would be able to figure out how to live happily and not get screwed over or starve while I was busy creating.
    I found your post funny, because its the very defination of the characteristic of ISTJ as describe by MBTI.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

A highly intelligent person would know better than to choose high intelligence in the poll, and why.
    Food for thought.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Intelligence and creativity are the same thing. You cannot have one without the other.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Intelligence and creativity are the same thing. You cannot have one without the other.
    You weren't supposed to tell.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You weren't supposed to tell.
    I don't know, creativity is based on: originality, fluency, and flexibility. And "intelligence" is the general capacity to profit from experience, acquire knowledge, and adapt to changes in the environment. They go hand-in-hand and it's utterly impossible to be highly creative without being even slightly intelligent.

Don't wanna be the Debbie downer... Or everyone can just ignore what I said and continue on
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I don't get the point of the question.

Intelligence and creativity are both aspects of the same thing; pattern recognition.

One does not exist without the other in some fashion or form.

So... yeah... if yeu're completely braindead stupid, yeu don't have "real" creativity. Yeu may see something like someone who can make beautiful pictures, but they're little more than an idiot savant that just produces them mechanically, no better than a randomly generated fractal made by a computer. Pretty, but not really creative, as it lacks the capacity to put anything new into it other than whot was witnessed. A photocopier can do that just as well, or better.

The other side is also true, someone immensely "smart" but with no creativity is just as useless. They may be able to absorb large amounts of information, but if they have no capacity to see the patterns in new and creative ways, then they may as well be a dictionary, and nothing more.

It takes a blending of both to actually be able to DO anything with that knowledge; true intelligence *IS* creativity, as it all boils down to pattern recognition, regardless of which types of patterns yeu see easier.

Therefore, it's like asking do yeu want to be a photocopied piece of paper with pictures on it, or a photocopied piece of paper with words on it. Does it really matter when neither one of them are actually useful? We have machines, computers, and so on for this mindless stuff... I'd rather actually know how to make use of whot I do know. The capacity to learn and see patterns would be my answer, but that encompasses both and doesn't fit within the parameters of the question.

From the listed options... I dunno... neither makes any sense.

MBTI
    ENXP

High creativity. Imagining the possibilities and exploring them is always more fundamentally rewarding than just simply playing around with mind puzzles that define the IQ tests of today.

Going off the general psychometric definition of intelligence, I'd rather be a dumbass who can paint than a calculator.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limiting. Imagination encircles the world."

- Einstein

If "intelligence = IQ" in the poll, note that the most (artistically) creative people score in the "higher than average" domain (more or less around 120-130), so highly intelligent people or people with average IQ are less likely to be "creative".