User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • High intelligence - Low creativity

47 35.88%
  • Low intelligence - High creativity

84 64.12%
First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    lol
    This made my day!... Thank you.

Instead of trying to create a way to prove how intelligent I am, I'll just accept it for what it all boils down to.
    Last edited by Prototype; 11-02-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: meh

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If you could either have high intelligence paired with low creativity or low intelligence with high creativity, which would you pick? And why?

I couldn't decide right away, but I would choose creativity. With just intelligence you can accomplish a lot, but I believe it's easier to accomplish greatness with creativity because things innovation, uniqueness, and originality are often key to the ideas that make the biggest difference and stand out.

Also, I think high intelligence is more common than high creativity, I don't have any stats to back this up, and I'm not even sure if you can test for creativity... perhaps you could test someone's divergent thinking.
    Yep. Pretty much my opinion on this topic. Creativity makes the world a more enjoyable, bareable place to live in. Intelligence although handy in many ways is overrated and largely relative to ones living conditions and importance of what that person knows. For example you could know a shit load about maths, equations and greek history, but stick that person in the middle of the amazon and he wouldn't last long.

Don't know, never had to make this choice as an ENFP . We get to miss out on being organised and punctual instead. Think I measured full on three quadrants and almost zero on that quadrant in the four quadrant test.

Which would I get rid of if I had to? Probably intelligence. I derive a lot more fun from creativity than intelligence. Intelligence is nice though. Just less important to me.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

None.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I picked high creativity, but that's a toughie, because I really wouldn't want to give up intelligence either.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It's not what you got but how you use it so I'll always pick creativity over intelligence. My computer is smarter than I am, but he never gets anywhere.
    . This is why I love creativity, and the INFPs view of the world.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Intelligence is the ability to follow the rules. Creativity is the ability to break the rules and replace them with your own.

MBTI
    ENFP

Id pick creativity...but I think you have to be kinda smart to be creative...Like in writing

Creativity is making your own rules and following them
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4w3

I can think of many examples of successful people with high creativity and low IQ (if that's what we should consider intelligence here), such as people form entertainment world, writers, artists such as Andy Warhol, etc.

But on a whim I picked intelligence. If you're a genius of math and logic(even though high creativity might be indispensable there too, but well.. screw it), it's more likely that you'll be successful regardless of any other factors, I can think of Stephen Hawking, John Nash, the guy who invented Bittorrent or of my friends who's a software genius for whom I see a very bright future ahead...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Cameigons View Post
    I can think of many examples of successful people with high creativity and low IQ (if that's what we should consider intelligence here), such as people form entertainment world, writers, artists such as Andy Warhol, etc.

But on a whim I picked intelligence. If you're a genius of math and logic(even though high creativity might be indispensable there too, but well.. screw it), it's more likely that you'll be successful regardless of any other factors, I can think of Stephen Hawking, John Nash, the guy who invented Bittorrent or of my friends who's a software genius for whom I see a very bright future ahead...
    the stupidest people i know have high IQs and the smartest people i know have high EQs
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1